qFLIX Worcester: New England’s LGBTQ+ Film Festival (November 5-8, 2020), is an international festival of independent filmmakers, that is for, by, or about LGBTQ+ people, is produced by qFLIX USA, the producers of qFLIX Philadelphia.
We believe that experiencing our voices, stories and visions on film from around the globe, from birth to death, from the loved to the loveless, from youth to maturity, helps lift us forward as individuals and as a community. Film as an international language allows qFLIX Worcester to foster, support, and give access to independent filmmakers and to encourage and nurture younger ones in the art of filmmaking.
Audience & Jury Awards:
Best New Media
First Time Director
Barbra Gittings International Human Rights Award
Harvey Service Award
Rising Star Award
qFLIX Worcester accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from qFLIX Worcester.
1. Entries must be submitted by the date of the Final Deadline.
2. Entrants must submit an ONLINE digital version of their film for viewing consideration. NO DVD's, Blu-Rays or Computer Files will be accepted for submission purposes.
3. Entry forms and payment will not be processed without an accompanying digital ONLINE preview copy in the accepted format. Three high resolution production stills or high-resolution screen captures taken from your film, a log-line and short synopsis along with the director’s biography. Please be sure and note if your film will be any kind of premiere: World, US, East Coast or Massachusetts.
4. All entries must be in English or subtitled in English.
5. Please attach/write FilmFreeway Tracking ID on submission materials for tracking purposes.
6. Exceptions to the festival regulations must be authorized by the Festival Producers.
7. By submitting, the filmmaker agrees to let the festival use excerpts from their screeners for use in qFLIX Worcester 2020 trailers, publicity and promotions.
8. If your submission is accepted into qFLIX Worcester 2020 we requested that you forward, to print-trafficking@qFLIXworcester.com, a downloadable link to a MP4 or MOV file of your film under the following specifications:
Video Codec H264, H265
Bit-rate 15 mbps
Container File MOV, MP4
Aspect Ratio 1920 x 1080 (16:9), 1920 x 818 (2.35) (other 1920 HD equivalents)
Audio Codec AAC, WAV
Channels Stereo, 5.1 Surround
If your film is a feature or documentary then please submit 2 Blu-ray disks as back up to your digital file.
9. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it has all pertinent legal clearances and is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. Furthermore, once a film is submitted, approval is granted for festival screening whether it is accepted in other film festivals or not. By submitting a film for consideration submitter shall indemnify and hold harmless qFLIX USA, Inc. from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos screened or entered.
10. Upon notification of selection you will receive further instructions concerning the screening of your film at qFLIX Worcester 2020.