Planet in Focus, now in its 19th year, is Canada’s leading environmental film organization showcasing and promoting outstanding environmental films and videos in all genres (documentaries, dramatic, experimental, short films, features and animation) by Canadian and international filmmakers.
Planet in Focus operates year-round producing Canada’s largest environmental film festival every fall in Toronto, as well as bringing environmental films to communities and schools across the country and internationally through our Touring Programs; and spearheading a pan-industry program to reduce the environmental footprint of the film and television industry, Green Screen Initiative.
Awards & Prizes
Prizes for Film Awards:
- Best Canadian Short Film
- Best Canadian Feature Film
- Best International Short Film
- Best International Feature Film
- Mark Haslam Award for an under-represented community
We present a full-day Industry Conference during the festival - including workshops, networking, panels, and a Master Class. The Green Pitch Award for a new production - $25,000+ cash and in-kind
Rules & Terms
Deadline: May 11, 2018
- Only films completed after January 1st, 2016 will be considered for official selection
- All foreign language films must have English subtitles
- All entries are eligible to be added to our Green Film Market Mediatheque (see below for information and permissions) without additional costs to the applicant
- Submissions are not returned. All submissions are added to the Planet in Focus Fonds (archive) based at York University