Planet in Focus is celebrating our 20th anniversary as Canada’s leading environmental film organization showcasing and promoting outstanding environmental films in all genres by Canadian and international filmmakers.
Planet in Focus operates year-round producing Canada’s largest environmental film festival every fall in Toronto, as well as bringing environmental films to communities and schools across the country and internationally through our Touring Programs.
- Best Canadian Short Film
- Best Canadian Feature Film
- Best International Short Film
- Best International Feature Film
- Mark Haslam Award for under-represented voices
We present a full-day Industry Conference during the festival - including workshops, networking, panels, and a Master Class. The Green Pitch Award for a new production - $25,000+ cash and in-kind
- Only films completed after January 1st, 2017 will be considered for official selection
- All foreign language films must have English subtitles
- All entries are eligible to be added to our Green Film Market Mediatheque without additional costs to the applicant. The Green Market is an on-site viewing room (mediatheque) that is accessible only to accredited industry guests (distributors, buyers and filmmakers) for the purposes of acquisition and programming.
- Submissions are not returned. All submissions are added to the Planet in Focus Fonds archive based at York University