The Piton International Film Festival (PIFF) is a 12-month initiative that focuses on celebrating filmmaking and seeks to work collaboratively with filmmakers from around the global community. PIFF is unique in that its focus is on education, collaboration, and celebration, instead of competition. Hence, filmmakers will be able to work together to inspire and influence the global community in a positive and uplifting manner.
The focus of PIFF includes...
• Addressing the various aspects of the billion-dollar industry known as filmmaking
• Understanding filmmaking from "in front of the camera to behind the camera" through workshops and seminars
• Assisting independent filmmakers with opportunities to expose and monetize their creative artworks
• Celebrating filmmaking in its various forms
PIFF is a family-friendly event that encourages unity within families, giving them an opportunity to watch, discuss, learn, and enjoy from the films together.
Due to the focus of PIFF being about education, collaboration, and celebration, PIFF participants will be awarded the following:
Filmmakers whose work are screened during the festival will:
• Receive 6-months of social media exposure on all of our platforms
• Be able to discuss your Creative Art Work with the general public and others in the
• Participate on a filmmakers panel discussion
• Conduct interviews with UCCN TV
Participants of PIFF are expected to meet the following criteria in order to be considered for participation in the 12-month initiative and culminating film festival:
• Submit Family-Friendly Creative Art Works. We define family-friendly as creative artworks that can be watched by families with individuals ranging in age.
• Sensitive topics done in a tasteful manner. Sensitive topics include intimacy, domestic violence, pornography, etc.
• Submit creative artworks that are 1 or more of the following:
o Overcoming Obstacles
** SUBTITLES: All non-English language films must be subtitled in English