Film Columbus presents Pitch Columbus 22, the Columbus pitch competition presented by Columbus Pictures, Gateway Film Center, and Gravitate Marketplace & Conference.
The top FIVE projects entered through Film Freeway will be invited to pitch their idea LIVE in front of a panel of entertainment execs and industry representatives on October 13, 2022.
*** ALL applicants must live in Franklin or the contiguous counties in Ohio and be at least 18 years of age. ***
ONE winner will receive $10,000. The first 25 qualifying entrants will also receive a FREE one-year Gateway Film Center Membership.
Please read the rules below very carefully.
Winner receives $10,000.
1) Submitted scripts, treatments, clips, pitch decks, or similar must be original projects, and the sole property of the applicant(s). Submissions must not have been previously sold or produced. Unfinished projects are accepted (i.e., funds needed to finish a project which has already been filmed). Adapted or based-on screenplays are also accepted. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to register their screenplay and secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included within the submitted screenplay. All entrants, including the nominees and winners, retain complete and exclusive rights to their work. Works accepted may be narrative, documentary, series, docu-series, experimental, or animation.
2) Scripts, projects, pitches and related materials which are notified as being “accepted” to pitch their idea will have the opportunity to pitch a panel of industry executives and/or professionals during the Gravitate Marketplace & Conference and be eligible to win a $10,000 cash prize. To win the prize, the pitch must be made in-person on October 13, 2022 and applicant(s) must be present to win.
3) Open to anyone 18 years of age and older in Franklin and the contiguous counties in Ohio.
4) All entries must be in English.
5) We accept screenplays and pitch decks in PDF format. No exceptions. Professional presentations highly encouraged. Sample work/links highly encouraged. Hint: the more information on how your project could be a success and the more professional your presentation, the better.
6) Include how you will use or allocate the winning funds in your pitch.
7) There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit. Each entry must be submitted separately and pay a separate entry fee.
8) All entries must be uploaded in PDF format. Contact details or names are allowed to be on the title page, but not recommended.
9) All screenplays should be written in industry-standard format (Courier 12 pt font). Scripts not in industry-standard format will not be accepted and refunds will not be given. No exceptions.
10) Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entry screenplay(s) are not accepted.
11) Competition judges, readers, and employees of our competition, past and present, are NOT eligible to enter.
12) Competition is open to individuals or a team of individuals only.
13) Entries must be received on or before the deadlines and submission fee payment must be made in full at the time of the submission. Entry fees (including any service fees) are non-refundable. We do not provide feedback.
14) By entering, you agree to all the rules listed. Regardless of your status (winner or nominee), please note that your script, logline, and contact information may be shared with our partners and sponsors, and by submitting you agree with that. You also agree to release and hold harmless Pitch Columbus Competition, Gravitate Marketplace & Conference, and its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, partners, and sponsors from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s entry, participation in the contest and/or acceptance or use or misuse of the prize.
15) *** ALL applicants must live in Franklin or the contiguous counties in Ohio and be at least 18 years of age. ***