Dear Fellow Film Maker
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to participate in the upcoming Phare International Film Festival in Mauritius.
Phare International Film Festival is organised by a dedicated team of local film-makers. Having created films and entered festivals ourselves, we wanted to create a festival of our own.
Learning from our experience and applying our knowledge, we aim to empower local and regional film-makers. Our festival is viewable live via social media channels and screened at one of the Island's local cinemas.
Our film festival brings local and international film-makers together in Mauritius to share culture, ideas, knowledge, experience, and, more importantly, each other’s creations.
We have created categories for local film-makers, including a special one for young film-makers aged under 25. When submitting your films, they will be assessed and passed forward to the independent judging phase.
Phare International Film Festival will include live screening sessions of selected nominees from local and international entries at MCine Trianon between 20th and 22nd December.
Our festival will close on 23rd December with a grande finale at RM Garden, Trianon. The event will be an extravaganza. Beginning with an exclusive gala dinner prepared by an award-winning local chef, an evening of live entertainment, guest speakers and, of course, our awards ceremony.
An evening that will truly celebrate the creative arts and our beautiful Island Paradise.
Full details are available on our website or by email. Feel free to reach out if you require any further information. The deadline for all submissions is 27th November 2022 - No exceptions.
We look forward to sharing your project and to welcoming you to Phare International Film Festival.
- Laurels for the winners of each category
- Certicates for the winners of each category
- Statuette for the winners of each category
We have to set some base rules to make sure that everything is fair. So that people have had the opportunity to have the same amount of time. So nobody has been treated unfairly.
So here are the rules for films being submitted clear and simple for everyone to see.
If you find that your submission violates one of these rules, actions will be taken accordingly depending on the violation. With the worst penalty being forbidden from entering our festival again.
Now that we’ve gotten that clear. here are the specifications your film must comply with:
- Shorts must be between a maximum of 40 minutes although 15-20minutes is prefered.
- Full-Length Films don’t have a time limit but must be at least 55 minutes long.
- The film must be created after the 30th of June 2019
- The film must be produced before the end of June 2021
- Minimum Swearing
- No nudity
- Racism will not be tolerated
- Films can be from anywhere in the world since the festival is an international competition.
- The festival has the right to use a trailer, stills and a poster from the films for promotional purposes.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- There is no premiere status requirement for films that would like to enter the monthly competition.
- English subtitles are required for non-English Films.
- Films can also be available online and on other platforms and still enter the competition.
- Once a film is selected for our annual event, it cannot be withdrawn.