“Pornography is human imagination in tense theatrical action; its violations are a protest against the violations of our freedom by nature.” ― Camille Paglia
2023 sees the festival return in April 12 - 16, still with the challenging objective to showcase and celebrate the colorful diversity of porn and stimulate an open, societal debate. Its mission is to bring a genre back into the public sphere of the cinema that is usually locked away in private quarters. Its prime directive is to present the creativity and political possibilities of a defining (yet always hidden) part of society. The goal is to challenge prejudices and stereotypes.
The festival offers a film and theory program that breaks the monotony of boring cheesy mainstream porn - to proudly present feminist, queer & alternative positions. The Porn Film Festival Vienna wants to create an open and welcoming space for reception, discussion, and reflection and to challenge and broaden horizons. Because porn can be: lustful, honest, friendly, and self-determined!
The festival's sixth edition will take place April 12-16, 2023 in various venues in Vienna. It will devote itself extensively to the daring question of what porn can be.
We would love to receive films on topics that give us insight on sexual liberation, sex activism, sex work, intimacy, body/gender/ethnic diversity, feminist porn, the impact of internet porn on our sexuality, and of course, lots and lots of sex and fun!
We are very excited about your submissions!
Films who are part of the competition will be able to win awards in the following categories: International Short Film, Austrian Short Film, Feature Film, and Documentary. We sadly cannot grant financial remuneration.
Important: Please send us ONLY films related to the topic of our festival, e.g. films about sexuality, pornography, gender and sexuality, sex work, or sex activism. The selection-committee is looking forward to all kinds of films about all kinds and types of sexuality and diversity.
Please note that short films cannot be longer than 21 minutes and in case your short film is longer we are open to receiving re-edited versions that meet the timeframe restrictions.
There are no fees to be paid for doing a submission. In case there are any distribution costs to be covered, please do not submit via FilmFreeway but contact us directly: email@example.com
The PFFV may freely use press and PR material to promote the Festival and also adapt this material to the style of the promotional activities.
The PFFV reserves the right to postpone and/or cancel the festival under compelling circumstances. It also reserves the right that locations may change in the course of planning the festival.
The PFFV also reserves the right that due to the given circumstances of the time (Corona Pandemic) the festival may change into a pure online screening or the festival may build up an online version in addition to an offline version - the filmmakers hereby agree to these two variants of a festival.
1. You guarantee that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the film you submit to us and that you are entitled to transfer the rights to us as specified in this agreement.
2. By submitting the film, you guarantee that all (intellectual property) rights needed for screening during PFFV and other uses described in this agreement have been cleared.
3. By submitting the film you guarantee that the screening or other use of the film by PFFV does not infringe rights held by third parties.
4. By submitting the film you agree to indemnify the festival against all third-party claims in connection with screening the film during PFFV and other uses described in the terms. This includes covering any legal costs that might be incurred.
5. Screening: The festival is entitled to show the selected films during the duration of the festival any number of times. If you submit you grant the PFFV the right to show your film and have after programming is finished there is no right to withdraw.
6. Best-of programs: If the film receives an award at PFFV the festival reserves the right to show the film free of charge as part of a best-of program to promote the winning films/filmmakers as well as the festival. If the film is to be shown the submitter will be informed ahead of time.
7. Press screeners: You grant PFFV the nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual and unlimited right to make copies of the film in order to make these copies available to the press only. The festival guarantees to exercise this right within reason and always with the benefit of the filmmaker in mind. These copies will not be used for commercial screening purposes by any means.
8. Educational use: You grant PFFV the nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and unlimited right to use the archived copies for non-commercial educational purposes (workshops, lectures).
9. Promotion: If your film is selected to be included in the program you grant PFFV the nonexclusive, royalty-free right to show – online, via television or in cinemas, in a single form or as part of a showreel – a trailer or excerpts of up to 1 minute of the film for advertising and promotion purposes. If the film is to be shown the submitter will be informed ahead of time.
10. As Filmmaker you agree that also after the festival dates you agree that your film in the short film rows can be shown again as promotion for the festival. This means that after the festival we show all short film series once again in Schikaneder to give all persons the chance to see films that could not get tickets at the festival. (pornnights)