NOX FILM FEST
Salto International Fantasy Film Fest
The NOX FILM FEST is a fun cinematic experience that takes place during the South American summer.
The festival will accept genre films: Terror, Horror, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and subgenres.
It's an open-air festival with free admission and that receives thousands of young people and families every year who enjoy their activities.
The 9th festival's edition will take place from 10th to 14th January 2023.
The Festival offer fun and attractive parallel activities like: The Labyrinth, impro shows, music live, master class, book, special guests and workshops.
Nox Film Fest is also an international competition that awards prizes to:
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Films made by women
Best Film Audience Award
Special Mentions for direction, acting, screenplay, sound design, etc.
Best Microterror 13''
The NOX FILM FEST Uruguayan International Horror and Fantasy Film Fest, call to producers and filmmakers from all over the world, to submit films (feature and short films) to participate in the 8th. Festival Edition, which will take place from 10th to 14th January 2024, on City of Salto, Uruguay.
Rules and Terms
1. The Festival is an International Competition that includes awards for best feature films, best short films and special mentions in different categories.
2. The categories to participate will be: Feature Films, Short Films, Films Made by Women, Micro Terrors 13", VR, and 360 Degrees.
3. The inscribed films must belong to the genres of Terror, Fantasy and subgenres.
4. Submitted films must have been produced between January 2021 and October 2022.
5. The maximum length of the feature films will be 100 minutes, including credits. The maximum length of the short films in any format will be 15 minutes,
6. Films that have been presented in previous calls will not be accepted.
7. The Festival will give preference to films that have NOT been shown previously in Uruguayan territory.
8. Movies that have been shown at any other international festival may participate.
9. There is no submit limit of films by producer company or filmmaker.
10. The films sent can be presented in any language but if they are selected, they must be subtitled in spanish or including the spanish subtitle file.
11. The screening final copy must be sent in a digital format: H264. Extention .mov or MP4)
12. The Official Selection will be announced on December 17, 2022 through the festival's social networks and its official website www.noxfimfest.com
13. The final decision of the Selection Committee will be unappealable.
14. Films included in the Official Selection may NOT BE WITHDRAWN from the Official Competition.
15. Once the film is part of the Official Selection, the producers authorize to the festival, the screening and comunication all materials of the films in the main event and the later samples of the Festival.
16. Participation in the Festival implies full acceptance of these regulations.
17. Any question or dispute that arises during the Festival, not contemplated in these regulations, will be settled by the organization of the event in accordance with international regulations.