Nava Karnataka Film Academy India and Paul Narula Academy
Bangkok Thailand Jointly Conducting NKFA-BIFF-2023 (Nava
Karnataka Film Academy - Bangkok International Film Festival - 2023)
at Bangkok Thailand on 28th & 29th January 2023 is dedicated in
presenting the best of International and India - Thai cinema and
creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of
all ages and backgrounds.
NKFA BIFF - 2023 offers screenings, lectures, discussions,
festivals, workshops, events, professional development and
opportunities to meet, hear and learn from filmmakers from India
Thai and around the world.
NKFA BIFF has provided a new platform to film makers from all
over the world, where they meet each other and try to find
opportunities to jump their borders and get together to collaborate
with one another for making films.
In the festival selected films of widely recognized and prestigious
Award-winning filmmakers are chosen under various categories.
NKFA and PNA aims to open new perspectives and make new
connections. Audiences will enjoy many activities including film
screenings, master classes, fringe events, industry discussions and
The promise of creative synergies between the film industry
and other disciplines is what defines the NKFA Bangkok International
Film Festival - 2023. With the Silver Screen Awards as an awards
component, the Festival also recognizes excellence in Asian cinema
specially Indian and Thai Cinema.
(Any Languages - 2020, 2021, 2022)
The NKFA - BIFF-2023 is subjected to adherence to the COVID-19
Pandemic directives issued by the Government/s from time to time.
Best Producer (M/F)
Best Director (M/F)
Best Male Actor
Best Female Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Vilan (M/F)
Best Singer (M/F)
Best Costume Designer
Best Child Actor (B/G)
Best Music Director
Best Light Designer
Best Sound Mixing
Best Background Designer
Best Poster Designer
Best Lyrics & More
Big Trophy & Certificates for all Winners
Trophy & Certificates to every Participants
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF FILMS FOR AWARD
Last Date for Submission: 15th January 2023
Following are the terms and conditions to be complied with while submission of films in the NKFA Bangkok International Film Festival – 2023 scheduled during Jan 28, 29 - 2023 at Bangkok Thailand. All the applicants are to be invariably abided by these terms and conditions. Further, an individual or corporation submitting the film is warranted to commit the film for screening in accordance with these rules, terms, and conditions.
1. Any film completed after January 1, 2023, regardless of content, subject, or origin can apply for the competition along with the prescribed fee.
2. All entry fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
3. Multiple entries can also be submitted. More than one film may be submitted to the same category. However, the entry fee must be paid for each one.
4. Mere submission of the film does not guarantee selection.
5. A submission will be considered as complete only after the download is enabled for the film's preview screener.
6. The official selection, nominees, and winners will be notified on our official website. The official selection status does not mean that the selected film shall be screened at the festival. It means that the film has been appreciated by the Panel of Judges and the concerned can use the festival logo on his/her poster. A nominee will be privately screened for the NKFA-BIFF 2023 Judging Panel and will not be screened initially to the public. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel and certificate.
7. All the winning films would be awarded with a trophy and certificate. The winners will be presented with the awards during the NKFA - BIFF-2023 Awards Ceremony, which will take place at the festival on 29th January 2023
8. Entries in other than Kannada languages must come with English subtitles also failing which, they are liable for rejection.
9. A director / producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
10. The NKFA - BIFF-2023 has the right to utilize the excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival within India only.
11. The NKFA - BIFF-2023 reserves the right to refuse any entry.
12. The applicant agree to indemnify the NKFA - BIFF-2022, from any claims, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
13. Awards won by Non-Indian Filmmakers need to pay additional charges for delivery of their award and certificate (courier Charges as per International Rates).
14. The decision of the Jury Members for shortlisting of films and short films, etc. for screening shall be final.
15. The NKFA - BIFF-2023 will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category.
16. Films submitted without the prescribed fees or proper submission media may be deemed to be ineligible at the discretion of the NKFA - BIFF-2023 Programming Director or Executive Director.
17. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
18. NKFA - BIFF has every right to use a trailer/teaser/poster for promotional activities of all submitted films, short films, documentary and video albums, etc.
19. An official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to of the film are required to be submitted.
20. It is the duty of the applicant to select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification.
21. NKFA - BIFF does not take any type of financial commitment for the expense incurred on the correspondence by the participant. All travel, lodging and boarding and other miscellaneous expenses will have to be borne by the participant himself/herself for attending the festival. No request for the same will be entertained. However, festival organizers may guide through it for any help in this regard.
22. The Organizers reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
23. The rules, terms and conditions are subject to modification and / or amendment without any advance notice, from time to time, which would be effective with immediate effect. As such, the rules, terms and conditions need to be checked on regular basis.
24. Submission of film, short film, documentary, as the case may, to NKFA - BIFF-2023, imply that the applicant accepts the terms and conditions mentioned above.