After the successful beginning, CINEMALAY, a primary film institute based on Nagaon of Assam (India) is ready to organise the second edition of Nagaon International Short and Documentary Film Festival 2019. We strongly believe that film making is one of the most insightful mediums through which we can recreate the world, and should not have to stick to conventional principles in order to be celebrated. Our festival aims to promote those who create art through the medium of film and continue to push the envelope in artistic creation.
We are a film festival organized by filmmakers, cine lovers, film students etc. Our main goal is to reduce the distance in between filmmakers and small town audience. For that we ONLY concern about quality cinema and nothing else. No hidden agenda. Our only goal is to award the talented filmmakers that can be found all around the world - from all walks of life. That's why we accept submissions from any country, any genre, and any filmmaker.
We can't wait to see your submissions!
FEES WAIVER IS NOT AVAILABLE.
All WINNERS will receive CASH PRIZE along with following awards:
• “Golden Orchid” for Best Short Film(International)
• “Golden Orchid” for Best Short Film(India)
• “Golden Orchid” for Best Short Film(North East India)
• “Golden Rhino” for Best Documentary Film(International)
• “Golden Rhino” for Best Documentary Film(India)
• “Golden Rhino” for Best Documentary Film(North East India)
• The short film must have been completed after 1st January 2016.
• Entries MUST be PAL/MP4/avi format only and the resolution must be of 720p or higher.
• Entries can be submitted either ONLINE via filmfreeway.com or e-mail to email@example.com or OFFLINE in a DVD/USB DRIVE to the following address:
Cinemalay Office, Tilak Deka Road, Notun Bazar
Nagaon-782001, Assam, India.
• The Festival does not have any particular theme, filmmakers can submit film on any genre he/she wants.
• Total running time of film must be less than 30 minutes in length, including credits. The film can be in any language or any genre. All non-English films must have English sub-titles for festival presentation.
• Multiple entries can be submitted, but with separate entry forms.
• THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS MUST BE SENT TO firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Short Biographical sketches of producer, director along with one photograph of each.
2. A Poster of the film (preferably theatrical size)
3. A short promo/trailer of the film. (max 2 min)
• CINEMALAY will have the right to use the Nominated films and materials from the film for festival promotional purposes and to retain each film as part of our festival library and also in educational/charitable purpose further.
• Films once selected & submitted for final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances until the festival is over.
• The fee structure is mentioned below: (FOR ALL CATEGORIES)
1. EARLY BIRD DEADLINE: 7 USD (for Indian Entries) 10 USD (for International Entries)
2. REGULAR DEADLINE: 15 USD (for Indian Entries) 20 USD (for International Entries)
3. EXTENDED DEADLINE: 20 USD (for Indian Entries) 25 USD (for International Entries)
LAST DATE of submission
• Film should must be submitted before 1st July 2019.