The mission of the International Nature and Environmental Protection Festival is to raise general public awareness regarding the protection and conservation of biological diversity, natural resources, values and beauties of our planet with a special emphasis on Europe and the Carpathian Basin through the display of films connected to the topics in the area.
Since 2015, the Festival counts nearly 40,000 visitors each year!
At the 2023 Festival Gala the total sum of the prizes will amount to €10.000. The Gala will be held on 20th. May 2023 in the Royal Palace of Gödöllő.
The European Blue Ribbon (the Natural Values of the Carpathian Basine Film Review grand prize)
• International Nature and Environment Film Review - 3 section prizes (Nature Film, Short Film, Cartoon/Animation Film)
• Natural Values of the Carpathian Basin Film Review - 2 section prizes (Nature Film, Short Film)
• Prize for the best amateur filmmaker of 2023
Application deadline until 12.00 pm (CET) February 28th, 2023
Films submitted to the International Nature and Environment Film Review can be also submitted to the Natural Values of the Carpathian Basin Film Review if the film meets the requirements listed below.
For the Natural Values of the Carpathian Basin Film Review only and exclusively those films can be submitted which are about the Carpathian Basin’s natural and cultural values!
For the Natural Values of the Carpathian Basin Film Review English language is not obligatory if the film is Hungarian. In case of films not in Hungarian language, filmmakers must provide the films with English voice or subtitles.
• Our official entry form available until February 28th, 2023!
Submissions are valid on all platforms mentioned before, but please 1 film submit only on 1 platform!
The submission to our Festival is free of charge.
Requested information for valid entry:
For valid entry you should add all the requested information and materials!
Entries must contain the category in which the film is submitted.
The requested information:
• submitter: name, e-mail address, telephone number
• submitted film’s basic data: original title, English title, completion date, production country, running time, language, English synopsis (max. 500 characters)
• director(s): name, year of birth, nationality, e-mail address, biography in English (max. 500 characters)
• credits: director(s), animation director(s), director(s) of photography, editor(s), music editor(s), producer, distributor
Please, pay attention to the maximum number of characters!
The requested materials:
• the submitted film (upload it or add an online link for it)
• photo of the director (min. 300 DPI quality and with min. 800x600 resolution)
• 3 stills from the film (min. 300 DPI quality and with min. 800x600 resolution)
• trailer (optional)
• English text (in srt format or in a Word document with in-out timecodes – can be required if the film is submitted to the International Film Review and it is not in English language, or it is selected for screening and it is not in Hungarian language)
Please upload or send the biography in doc or in txt file, not in PDF. Do not use upper case with any of the information added.
REQUESTING SCREENING COPY
The submitted films will be first evaluated by the pre-jury and selected films will be evaluated by the Festival Jury. If the film is not submitted to the appropriate category, the Jury has the right to move in the right category. The filmmakers of the selected films will be informed by April 15, 2022. whether their film was selected for the competition. Until 15 April we will provide you a FTP accessibility where you will be able to upload your screening copy.
The screening copies of the selected films must arrive by April 24, 2022.
The screening copy should be uploaded with the following min. quality:
• File format: Mpeg4, mov, mxf, M2ts etc.
• Resolution: min. 1920x1080 (full HD)
• Bit rate: min. 20 Mbit
The entrants must cover the shipping costs of all materials entered.
With the entry of a film to the Festival the filmmaker agrees that the organizer of the Festival may screen the submitted film during the festival at different locations of the Festival. Film parts (max. 3 minutes) may be used by the International Nature and Environment Festival during different events and demonstrations (educational and exhibition screenings) and in the different fields of media (with reference to the filmmaker) to propagate the Festival for non-commercial purposes.
The Festival is able to translate the films and screen them with Hungarian voice or subtitle. All festival documents will be published in Hungarian and English.
The festival does not pay any screening fee to the filmmakers.
All Festival programs are free of charge.
The decisions of the pre-Jury and the Jury are final and cannot be changed, there is no opportunity for appeal.
Please note! Entries with missing information will not be accepted! The organizers will ask the participants to complete documents only once. If the participants do not respond and provide the relevant information within the deadlines, their entry will not be accepted.
The organizers will provide accommodation (1 night, maximum 2 people) for the awarded filmmakers and also the opportunity to participate in the professional activities (conferences, meetings) of the event (preliminary registration is required).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The organizers of the Festival will handle all personal data given to them in connection with the Festival entry confidentially; they will use them only for the registration and for festival publications and will not hand them over to any third party. In case of data and files uploaded to FilmFreeway the same data protection rules will be applied. The films uploaded to these sites mentioned before will be used exclusively for preliminary selection. The films not selected by the jury for screening in the festival program will be deleted.