FESTIVAL CANCELLED FOR THIS SEASON
The NAFCo Autumn Film Festival will have both online and in-person live components. This is the best way to deal with the issues related to the Covid-19 pandemic at this time. We are looking for films of all genres and lengths. We are interested in quality films whether they have been made by a veteran filmmaker who has been in the industry for sixty years, or by a new filmmaker. We want to celebrate the diversity of film and filmmakers from around the world and welcome submissions from any nation.
Much of the value and fun of Film Festivals is filmmakers, crew members, and actors having the opportunity to meet other film people. NAFCo will be hosting a film party via Airmeet on September 11, 2021 from 5 pm until 8 pm New York Time. Filmmakers whose films have been selected will be given a link to the Airmeet that they can share with their film crew and actors. Airmeet allows participants to join virtual tables where the people at those tables can talk and interact with each other. Participants may move from table to table to meet and converse with new sets of people. It is essentially virtual mingling. We are limited to 100 people at a time in a mixer room, but can create multiple rooms if needed. For reference here is the Airmeet website: https://www.airmeet.com
On Friday September 10 through Sunday September 12 we will be screening experimental and select short films at the Winkler Gallery and Art Education Center in DuBois, PA.
On Sunday September 12, beginning at 2 pm and filmmaker who wants to participate will be given the opportunity to be interviewed, or to present a prerecorded video about themselves and their work via YouTube Live-stream.
On Sunday September 12, select films, along with films of local interest will be screened at the Moonlite Drive-In in Brookville, PA.
NAFCo is an acronym for the Northern Appalachian Film Collective. We are 501c3 non-profit corporation based in DuBois, PA dedicated to promoting filmmaking and the arts in the Northern Appalachian Region. We have been successfully holding film festivals for five years at various venues in the region. The mission of our festival is to bring the voices and films of new and established filmmakers to rural Western Pennsylvania, and to support filmmakers around the world by showcasing their films.
All films selected are eligible for awards. The following awards will be granted for outstanding achievement. Major award winners will receive a trophy and all winners will receive a digital Certificate in addition to Festival Laurels.
Everyone whose film is accepted for the festival will be given a one year membership in NAFCo which includes our quarterly newsletter and discounts in select events hosted by NAFCo.
FILM COMPETITION AWARDS:
- Best Actor, Feature, Male
- Best Actress, Feature, Female
- Best Actor, Short, Male
- Best Actress, Short, Female
- Best Cinematography, Feature - Narrative
- Best Cinematography, Short - Narrative
- Best Picture, Feature - Narrative
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Picture, Short - Narrative
- Best Documentary Short
- Best Animated Film
- Best film by a Young Filmmaker
DISCLAIMER: The personal views of judges affiliated with the NAFCo Film Festival Series do not reflect the view of the festival itself, and in no way are those outside views, posted, written, or spoken, the responsibility of the NAFCo Film Festival.
1. Non-English Language Films must be subtitled in English for exhibition at the NAFCo Winter Film Festival.
2. All entries that are selected into the NAFCo Winter Festival grant NAFCo the right to use any footage from the screener and all submitted publicity photos, key art, and any other materials sent to us pertaining to this entry for NAFCo’s promotional purposes, without limitations.
3. Filmmakers retain all rights to their films.
4. If any aspect of the NAFCo festival is not capable of running as planned because of any cause beyond our control, we may in our sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Submission fees would be refunded if the competition is cancelled.
5. Submission to the festival is in no way a guarantee of acceptance or nomination into the festival. No one from NAFCo or its sponsors has guaranteed admission into the festival.
6. Graphic violence, sexual activity, and adult only scenes are not acceptable.
7. Films must be completed before submitting. No "works in progress" accepted.
8. Online screeners are accepted for submission, but are not exclusive. If submitting an online screener that is password protected, please include password with submission.
9. No premiere status is needed, but it is encouraged.
10. If accepted, all screening films must be available via digital copy.
11. The festival does not pay screening fees.
12. The festival does not pay for travel expenses to attend the festival for any of the filmmakers participating.
13. Please submit in the appropriate category in the submission form.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The NAFCo Film Festival Series is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The NAFCo Film Festival Series reserves the right to refuse entries. The individuals and corporations who submit shall indemnify and hold harmless the NAFCo Film Festival Series from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.