The International Motor Film Awards are a true celebration of the craft of automotive media. An annual black tie awards ceremony and cabaret screening, the night draws professionals from the automotive film and television industry, agencies, influencers, drivers, independent film makers, students and lovers of the machine from all corners of the globe. This is a truly international event.
With sold out attendance each year, 350 guests enjoy an evening viewing the world's best automotive films on the UK's biggest state of the art sports screen and sound system. A range of categories cater for the types of films; Drama, Documentary, Journalism, Commercial, Event, Student and Creative, with additional prizes for stunts, cinematography, sound and editing. The best films, as chosen by a select jury of film professionals, TV personalities and motoring experts, take home the Silver and Golden Conrods, bespoke made trophies.
Best Drama Short
Best Drama Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best Documentary Feature
Best Journalism Film
Best Commercial Film
Best Event Film
Best Student Film
Best Creative Film
OFFICIAL NOMINATION FILMS ARE ALSO ELIGIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING AWARDS:
GRAND PRIX AWARD
The Grand Prix Award is the most prestigious award of the festival. All films part of the official nomination qualify for consideration for this award. The winner will receive the coveted Golden Conrod trophy.
Entrants are welcome to enter their film into multiple categories. Students and young film makers (up to 25) can submit for free into the student category.
Films submitted will be kept on record by us and may be posted on our website and social media during or after the awards night. Films that are submitted as unlisted/private links will not be shared.
Terms & Conditions
I, the entrant, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. Entries will not be accepted without agreeing to the International Motor Film Award’s Terms and Conditions.
2. I have the right or authorisation to submit the film to the International Motor Film Awards as my own work or on behalf of the creators, and the production has no litigation or disputes regarding any part of the production, distribution or originality.
3. I give permission for the International Motor Film Awards to use short excerpts of the film for promotional purposes.
4. I give permission for the International Motor Film Awards to use stills, titles and/or information from the film for promotional purposes, online and in any print media or campaigns connected with the International Motor Film Awards. This includes brochures/programmes, printed media magazines/newspapers and online.
5. I give permission for the International Motor Film Awards to screen the film at the awards night.
6. As the Entrant/Producer, I agree to take on all copyright liability in regard to submitted film in terms of all music, product and other copyright licensing.
7. I give my permission for the International Motor Film Awards to share my film and any related promotional material, as well as contact information with official International Motor Film Awards sponsor partners unless I specify otherwise.
8. Entry does not guarantee acceptance into the International Motor Film Awards. Those film makers whose films have made official nomination for screening as part of the main awards programme will be informed. The International Motor Film Awards can not be held responsible or liable for losses or damages resulting from failure to screen entries accepted into the awards programme.
9. Non-English language films are welcomed but must be either subtitled or dubbed.
10. If your film is accepted you will receive two complimentary VIP tickets for the awards evening.
11. The organisers of the International Motor Film Awards reserve the right to make adjustments to the categories to cater for the entries per season.
12. RED Digital Cinema's prize for Best Student Film is best used at either Pinewood Studio, United Kingdom or Hollywood, Los Angeles. In the case that the winner is located elsewhere, or unable to attend these locations, we will work with both the winner and RED Digital Cinema to come to a solution.
13. RED Digital Cinema's prize for Grand Prix Award subject to location limitations. In the case that the winner is located elsewhere, we will work with both the winner and RED Digital Cinema to come to a solution.
14. Each category winner will receive one trophy. In the case that duplicate trophies are required, these can be purchased directly from the International Motor Film Awards post-event.