MISFF is one of the oldest and most respected festivals in Europe.
We love cinema and we do our best to promote it.
MISFF belongs to a network of short film festivals and cooperates with other Italian festivals.
Our optional online edition is a perfect opportunity to show your film to millions of spectators all around the world.
We create our online catalogue with all submitted films and exchange it with hundreds of film schools and festivals all around the world.
We do not seek glamor. We prefer essence.
Our Festival is held in Tuscany during beautiful autumnal period. It is a perfect occasion to have a holiday in one of the most charming places in the world while meeting film-makers and watching good cinema.
o Best Short Film
o Best Short First Film
o Best Italian Short Film
Rules and Regulations 2020
71th Montecatini International Short Film Festival
Location: Montecatini Terme (Italy)
Dates: 24 -28 October 2020
Art. 1 Who can participate:
• Films produced after January 1, 2019.
• Works already presented in other Italian or foreign events can participate.
• All films must be subtitled in English (films in English must have English subtitles .srt format dialogue list attached)
Art. 2 Competitive sections:
• International Competition: addressed to filmmakers from around the world.
Art. 3 Genres:
Art. 4 Awards:
• Best Short Film
• Best Short First Film
• Best Italian Short
Art. 5 How to submit:
To participate at Festival it is necessary to submit a film films suitable to the criteria of the present rules through FilmFreeway platform: https://filmfreeway.com/misff
Together with the film you must submit the following documents:
1. A copy of the film for screening must be available on the platform with English Subtittles
2. Short Synopsis
3. Subtitle file in English for all non-English films (.str format)
4. Poster of the film (.jpg)
5. Foto of the Director (.jpg)
6. Stills of the film (.jpg)
Art. 6 Deadlines for registration:
• Early bird deadline: 25 March 2020
• Regular deadline: 15 May 2020
• Extended deadline: 15 June 2020
• Early bird deadline: 15 €
• Regular deadline: 35 €
• Extended deadline: 50 €
Art. 8 Upon registration of the film at the festival the author states:
• I have read, understood and fully respect all information of eligibility standards for enrollment, conditions and requirements;
• To the best of my knowledge, all the information I entered during the registration of the work are true;
• This work is not subject to any dispute, nor is threatened by any litigation;
• I am duly authorized to subscribe this film at the festival;
• I certify that I have the full right to the use of music in the film that I entered;
• Authorize to use stills, titles, copy, and / or information of the film for promotional purposes;
• Authorize the artistic commissions and the jury charged by the Festival organization, including the popular juries, to watch the film directly on the platforms;
• Authorize to screen the film at the Festival and at any presentation of the Festival, programs, side and promotional events at any location in the world if organized or participated and authorized by the Festival organization;
• Attention: We do not pay any screening fees for screening during the festival, programs or events. If the film-makers require any payment for the screening, the film will not be accepted.