Message to Man is one of the oldest and best known film festivals in Russia, founded in 1989, and registered by FIAPF. The program includes International Competition, In Silico Experimental Short Film Competition, National Competition of documentary films, as well as various special programs, workshops and events.
Please, check the festival website for more information: http://message2man.com/
Many great fillmmakers have been our guests, participants and members of the jury: Erwin Leiser, Tonino Guerra, Volker Schlöndorff, Agnès Varda, Godfrey Reggio, Emir Kusturica, Isabelle Huppert, Werner Herzog, Zbigniew Rybczyński, Ulrich Gregor, Leo Hurwicz, Gerrit van Dijk, Mira Nair, Alexander Sokurov, Jonathan Rosenbaum, Ulrich Seidl, Semih Kaplanoglu, Abdellatif Kechiche, Bill Plympton, Brillante Mendoza, Alice Rohrwacher, Pietro Marcello, Vincent Pérez, Nastassja Kinski, Alan Berliner, Niko von Glasow, Helena Trestíková, Marina Goldovskaya, Victor Kossakovsky, Garri Bardin, Sergey Dvortsevoy, Sergei Loznitsa, Vitaly Mansky among others.
In 2017 we welcomed the great Claude Lanzmann at the M2M festival, where he presented his new film "Napalm" and received an award for Contribution to Cinematic Arts.
• Golden Centaur Grand Prix and USD 3000 for best film*
• Centaur Prize and USD 1000 for best full-length documentary film
• Centaur Prize and USD 1000 for best short documentary film
• Centaur Prize and USD 1000 for best short fiction film
• Centaur Prize and USD 1000 for best short animated film
• Centaur Prize and USD 1000 for best debut film**
In Silico International Competition of Experimental Films
• Centaur Prize and USD 1000 for best experimental film
• Centaur Prize and RUB 30000 for best full-length documentary film
• Centaur Prize and RUB 30000 for best short documentary film
• Centaur Prize and RUB 20000 for best debut film**
*If a film receives the Golden Centaur Grand Prix, the best film nomination in respected category is not awarded (for instance, if an animation receives the Grand Prix, the prize for best animated short film is canceled).
** A debut film is any film produced by a director while a student at a film school, or the first or second film of a director who has not received any special education.
• International Competition includes:
- Full-length documentary films (from 40 to 120 minutes)
- Short documentary films (up to 40 minutes)
- Short and animated films (up to 30 minutes)
All films should have been completed after 1 January 2018. English subtitles are required for all films with dialogue, unless English is the language of the film.
• In Silico International Competition of Experimental Films includes:
- Short experimental films (no longer than 15 minutes) in any genre, which are technically suitable for screening in a regular cinema and were completed after 1 January 2017. English subtitles are required for all films with dialogue, unless English is the language of the film.
• National Competition of Documentary Films includes:
Documentary films up to 120 minutes by Russian directors, or co-produced by Russian producers, completed after 1 January 2018.