The Marin County Fair is proud to host the Marin County International Festival of Short Film & Video for the 50th year! Winning entries are presented over five days to a large and diverse audience comprised of all ages. With attendance of 120,000 people at the Marin County Fair, this Festival is a great place to showcase your award-winning film. Filmmakers of selected films will be provided with a pair of tickets to the Marin County Fair.
Award certificates & laurels are awarded among six categories at the jurors' discretion.
- Open to students and independent filmmakers 19 years of age and older.
- Family-friendly event; films must be appropriate for viewers of all ages.
- Submitted films must be at least 720p.
- All foreign language films must be submitted with English subtitles.
- Films commercially subsidized are eligible.
- Entries must have been completed after January 1, 2018. Films and videos entered in previous years may not be resubmitted.
- All music and other copyright material used in films and videos must be original or be used with permission of author or publisher.
- Films considered offensive or unsuitable for children will not be accepted for judging.
- Films selected for screening must be made available to download by Coordinator in QuickTime MOV (ProResHQ or DNxHD codec) or high-bitrate (25Mb/s or more) MP4 at 720p or better resolution.