Our latest 'Isolation Writing Challenge' is a tougher one, but we hope will provide some value during these dark and confusing times.
The winner will have their script read by our talented, socially distant professional actors on camera, and the completed reading will be edited and posted online by May 21!
Here's what you have to do - write a short script - no more than 10 pages - based around one specific emotion you are feeling right now. Choose that emotion, and make it the title of your script/story. I know we're all feeling a lot right now - between the virus, the protests, the President, the awful economy, so use those feelings to create something. If nothing else, you'll have a record of how it felt to be in this time...and you'll work on adding emotional authenticity to your work.
No more than 10 pages - screenplay format.
Good luck, and try to stay sane.
- Tim - LiveRead/LA Founder and Head Judge.
1 winning script will be read on camera/zoom by professional actors, all in their own seclusion. All performances will then be professionally edited together, and posted on our youtube page (livereadla) and on social media!
- All scripts must be submitted as PDF files and written in english.
- Submission fee ($10) must accompany the script.
- Script portion submitted can be no longer than 10 pages plus a title page in standard screenplay format (courier font). If the submitted script is over 12 pages, it will not be read, and the submission fee will not be refunded, because you knew there was a 12 page limit...that's half the fun of this exercise!
- We accept ANY GENRE. Literally...anything at all. As long as it includes a specific emotion you can identify.
- Writers can submit from anywhere on earth, but please note, LiveRead/LA will NOT be paying for any airfare to, or accommodation in Los Angeles to any selected writer.
- LiveRead/LA is open to anyone 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- Adaptations from other works are permissible provided that the writer has permission to adapt the work. Adaptations of works in the public domain are permissible.
- Any script currently under option is NOT eligible.
- Collaborative work is eligible. By submitting, writing teams acknowledge that all members of the writing team agree to these terms and conditions.
- Do not include resumes, pitches, synopses, casting suggestions, letters, or other supporting documentation with your submission. Judges will not receive these materials.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries. Each submission must include its own unique script and entry fee.
- Once an entry has been submitted and payment has been processed, no refunds will be issued. No revisions or re-submissions will be accepted.
- Affiliates, employees, and family members of the readers, judges, and staff of LiveRead/LA, are not eligible for the competition.
- By entering LiveRead/LA, you acknowledge and agree that contest judges receive numerous submissions of ideas, stories, and scripts, and that your entry and the ideas and stories embodied in it may be similar or identical to other material already received and/or developed by one or more of the judges.
- By entering LiveRead/LA, you understand LiveRead/LA will be free to use your name, script title, and logline for promotional purposes.
- LiveRead/LA winners give permission to LiveRead/LA, to audio and video record their live read script reading for use on websites and social media platforms.
- By entering the LiveRead/LA competition, you agree that you have read the rules and conditions of the contest and that you have the authorization to submit your screenplay to the LiveRead/LA contest. You further agree that your screenplay is owned by you (and co-author(s)).
- The entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless LiveRead/LA, its employees, contractors, agents and judges from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and/or publicity to the Screenplay entered.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.