Enter now for a chance to have your script read by professional actors and get feedback live and in person from our 'Industry Insider' - Sean Woods, Literary Manager at Fourward.
Every script submitted (fee is $30 earlybird, $35 Standard) is in the running to be one of 2 scripts chosen to be read live at a theatre in Los Angeles on Monday, March 23, 2020 at 7.30pm.
We record the reading and post on Youtube within days - so even if you're not in LA - you can still watch, receive feedback and get real help with your writing.
We also offer reasonably priced and super helpful written feedback. It's all done by our Series Director Tim Schildberger - an experienced writer/script coach - so you can interact personally, rather than wonder which robot read your pages. We're very confident the feedback will be of use, and please note, the $35 is the cheapest rate Tim offers, so if you want to try him out - this is the most cost effective way!
Whether you enter or not, please come to the reading to interact with our Insider, contribute feedback and gain valuable insights into the feedback and re-write process.
This series is run by writers to help other writers improve their craft. Hearing a script read live is a vital part of the creative/re-write process, so is getting useful notes from someone in the business. This is a unique opportunity...enter your script now!
2 Writers selected:
- Hear up to 30 pages of your script read by professional actors in front of an audience.
- Immediate feedback from an Industry insider, and other writers with one goal - to help the script improve.
- Your name posted on our website
- 20% discount on all LiveRead/LA services (consulting, workshops, competition entries) while you are reigning champ (2 months)
8 Finalists selected:
- Your name posted on our website
- 15% discount on all LiveRead/LA services (private consulting, workshops, competition entries) for two months.
- A free ticket to our reading - so you can be celebrated!
Attendees to the Reading: Monday, March 23rd, 2020 (tickets $15)
- A chance to meet an Industry Insider, get information and ask questions.
- Improve feedback skills - which improves writing skills.
- Home made cookies and water included for those in attendance only.
- All scripts must be submitted as PDF files and written in english.
- Submission fee ($30 early bird, $35 standard) must accompany the script.
- Script portion submitted can be no longer than 30 pages plus a title page in standard screenplay format (courier font). If the submitted script is over 30 pages, it will not be read, and the submission fee will not be refunded.
- We accept: Features Screenplay, TV Pilot, Web Series, Short Film, Stage Play. ANY GENRE.
- We DON'T ACCEPT - SPEC Scripts of existing series. (It's too hard to judge fairly against original material). Also, scripts already optioned/funded/in development/have had money invested are not eligible. The writer can have other projects in development, just not the particular script being entered.
- The event will be video recorded and posted on Youtube within a week, so winning writers unable to attend will still be able to see the reading and hear the feedback.
- At the conclusion of each competition's judging, all scripts will be archived, and the process will start again. No holdovers of any kind. All writers are encouraged to attend the readings, re-write and re-submit.
- Admission to the Live Read event on Monday, March 23rd is $15. Tickets can be purchased in advance, or on the night.
- All audience feedback (apart from the Industry Guest and Moderator) will be limited to 2 minutes per person.
- All feedback will be related to the script only. No-one is interested in opinions about the writer.
- Writers can submit from anywhere on earth, but please note, LiveRead/LA will NOT be paying for any airfare to, or accommodation in Los Angeles to any selected writer.
- LiveRead/LA is open to anyone 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- Adaptations from other works are permissible provided that the writer has permission to adapt the work. Adaptations of works in the public domain are permissible.
- Any script currently under option is NOT eligible.
- Collaborative work is eligible. By submitting, writing teams acknowledge that all members of the writing team agree to these terms and conditions.
- Do not include resumes, pitches, synopses, casting suggestions, letters, or other supporting documentation with your submission. Judges will not receive these materials.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries. Each submission must include its own unique script and entry fee.
- Once an entry has been submitted and payment has been processed, no refunds will be issued. No revisions or re-submissions will be accepted.
- Affiliates, employees, and family members of the readers, judges, and staff of LiveRead/LA, are not eligible for the competition.
- By entering LiveRead/LA, you acknowledge and agree that contest judges receive numerous submissions of ideas, stories, and scripts, and that your entry and the ideas and stories embodied in it may be similar or identical to other material already received and/or developed by one or more of the judges.
- By entering LiveRead/LA, you understand LiveRead/LA will be free to use your name, script title, and logline for promotional purposes.
- LiveRead/LA winners give permission to LiveRead/LA, to audio and video record their live read script reading for use on websites and social media platforms.
- By entering the LiveRead/LA competition, you agree that you have read the rules and conditions of the contest and that you have the authorization to submit your screenplay to the LiveRead/LA contest. You further agree that your screenplay is owned by you (and co-author(s)).
- The entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless LiveRead/LA, its employees, contractors, agents and judges from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and/or publicity to the Screenplay entered.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.