Now accepting submissions for our December 2018, festival. Winners will be announced on January 6, 2019.
All winners of August 2018 through July 2019 will be invited to attend our Annual festival held at the Raleigh Studios Hollywood on August 24, 2019.
The screening will be held at the Mary Pickford Theatre all day long. The Award Ceremony will be held at the Charlie Chaplin Theatre.
Each winning film receives a free VIP filmmaker pass, they will have access to their screening blocks, festival Red carpet Interviews, Awards ceremony and plenty of networking opportunities in Hollywood.
LAIFFA is a monthly film festival which celebrates Short and Feature films from around the world.
Best of the Fest "Best Picture' of the month wins the specially curated LAIFFA trophy.
Films entered in multiple categories may win multiple awards!
Films for the screening during the festival will be selected by our programming Dept. from the pool of winning films. Not all winning films will be selected for the screening, but all winning filmmakers will be invited to the award ceremony.
Annual festival mega event will be held on August 24, 2019.
Venue: Raleigh Studios, Hollywood
5300 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA
All winning films will be awarded hard copy Certificate during the award ceremony.
• Best Picture
• Best Drama Short
• Best Drama Student Short
• Best Comedy/Dramedy Short
• Best Horror Short
• Best LGBT Short
• Best Action/Thriller Short
• Best SCI-FI Short
• Best Foreign Short
• Best Experimental/Travel/Time-Lapse Short
• Best Animation Short
• Best Web Series/New Media (Live Action or Animation)
• Best Documentary Short
• Best Documentary Feature
• Best Music Video
• Best Trailer/Promo
• Best Screenplay Short (Max 20 pages)
• Best Screenplay Feature
• Best Feature Film All Genre
• Best Foreign Feature
• Best Editing (Additional Category)
• Best Original Music Score (Additional Category)
• Best Cinematography (Additional Category)
• Best Producer (Additional Category)
• Best Produced Screenplay Short (Additional Category)
• Best Produced Screenplay Feature (Additional Category)
• Best Director - Music Video (Additional Category)
• Best Director- Animation Short (Additional Category)
• Best Director- Animation Feature (Additional Category)
• Best Director - Documentary Short (Additional Category)
• Best Director - Documentary Feature (Additional Category)
• Best Director - Short (Additional Category)
• Best Director Student Short (Additional Category)
• Best Director Feature (Additional Category)
• Best Woman Filmmaker (Additional Category)
• Best First Time Filmmaker (Additional Category)
• Best Actress (Additional Category)
• Best Actor (Additional Category)
• Screenplay 1st place
• Screenplay 2nd place
• Screenplay 3rd place
Please read all rules and regulations before submitting your project.
LAIFFA is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
The Competition reserves the right to refuse entries.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Los Angeles Independent Film Festival Awards, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
By submitting your film to the Los Angeles Independent Film Festival Awards the individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
1. Upload an official poster
3. Vimeo link or upload your film to FilmFreeway submission page.
We do not accept DVD, Blue Ray or DCP files. We accept all genre in any language, from around the world. Please select the right category while submitting to avoid disqualification.
a. All films must be English or have subtitles in English.
b. Films must be submitted to at least one Genre in order to qualify for additional technical categories.
c. After a film has been a Semi-Finalist, the filmmaker will be notified. Semi Finalist doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that you are now eligible for the awards consideration and you can use the festival Laurel’s for your promotions.
d. Winning categories varies every month depending on the submission we receive. If we think the categories submitted is not to a standard of LAIFFA win, it will be removed.
e. Entry fees are non-refundable.