Kinomorphia is an international short film festival based in Sofia, Bulgaria. The mission of the festival is to provide a platform for new, independent, cutting edge authors to showcase their work to an audience, looking for a film experience beyond the undaring visual entertainment. We wish to build a community, devoted to film in all its variety.
The third edition of the festival will feature a special focus on short films from Iran. If you are a filmmaker from Iran, you may submit your short film free of charge.
Kinomorphia produces two editions per year. This will be the festival's third edition.
The screenings will be in Cinema House which is the leading cinema in Sofia and the best place for premieres, screenings, international festivals and other film related events.
You can send your films regardless of the genre, form or year of completion. Documentaries must be no longer than 40 minutes and all other no longer than 30 minutes long to be considered. If your film is not in English, it should have embedded subtitles in English.
Every film, selected for screening will receive an Official Selection Laurel. The best films will receive laurels and a certificate in the following categories:
1. To submit a film you must own the rights to the screening of the film.
2. Films must be in English or with embedded English subtitles.
3. The festival accept films from every genre and year. Fiction, animation and experimental films must be no more than 30 minutes long. Documentaries must be no more than 40 minutes.
4. The fee to submit your film is 3$ and the money will be used solely to cover the live screening costs.
5. The submitter of the film is responsible for all copyrights including music clearance rights. They have the legal right to submit their film to the festival and, if selected, to grant screening permission.
6. The festival selection committee will watch and consider all of the received films. The festival will notify via e-mail the senders of the selected films to provide a quality version of their film for festival screening. 1080p, 720p, mp4 or .mov formats are preferred.
7. The selected films in agreement with the holder of their rights may be shown in front of live audience at non-commercial screenings as part of the festival.
8. The festival may promote your films on social media, based on the materials, posters, trailers and press kits that you provide us with.
9. The festival retains its right to change the date of the festival screenings to accommodate the proper organisation of the festival.
10. The entry fees are non-refutable.
11. By submitting your film you agree that you understand and accept our terms and conditions.