Kinesis is a four-day prologue to the future of Kootenay Film.
Join us for this formative event, setting the stage for a thriving Kootenay screen-based industry, built through collaboration. Through screenings, networking opportunities, professional development sessions, and a day-long open space meeting, Kinesis will focus on sharing Kootenay voices, stories, and experiences. Bring your insights, ideas and vision for the future of the filmmaking and screen-based industry in our region, and be part of building our collective path forward for SBI in the Kootenays.
Kinesis is presented by The Civic Theatre, with partnership from Touchstones Museum and Archives and other partners in Nelson, British Columbia. The selection of the word “Kinesis” is not incidental: we hope you will join us in setting a prosperous future in motion. This event is just the beginning.
Awards & Prizes
Rules & Terms
Films must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Produced within the region
- Produced by an individual who lives in the region or originates from this area
- Featuring someone who lives in the region or comes from here
- Embraces the Kootenays' cultural identity (That may mean they were made here, or that they portray something that speaks to the local identity)
Films may be past or present works. The deadline for all submissions is Friday, August 4th, 2017. However, we strongly encourage you to submit content as soon as possible, as we will be drawing from earlier submissions to build our marketing materials and your film may see more promotion.
All entries must be accompanied by:
- Filmmaker’s Statement (please include why you feel your film fits the Kinesis guidelines)
- Brief Bio
- Synopsis of Film
- Producer, Director, Cinematographer, Editor (& brief bio for each)
- Main Cast & brief bio
- High Resolution JPGs for publicity
**Please note: Your cinematic works will be shown on the big screen, so please ensure the content meets the level of quality requested and is submitted in DCP, ProRez 444, or H.264 formats **
For more information please contact Jazmin Wilding at firstname.lastname@example.org.