Cinema is the most powerful medium of creative expression globally. Owing to Covid-19, the very first edition of this children’s film festival kidzCINEMA2020, will be delivered in a completely online environment to the global audience. Children will get to watch movies, interact with directors, actors, and also participate in various LIVE workshops around scriptwriting, animation, and filmmaking.
It will be a 3-day event starting on the Universal Children's Day, which is celebrated on 20th November each year to promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide, and improving children's welfare. The Festival will have its opening ceremony on 20th November, while the closing ceremony will be organized on 22nd November 2020.
Owing to Covid-19, to ensure togetherness in the times of social distancing has been the key question everyone wants to address. The Festival theme is “Togetherness in Distancing Times” which also gels with Universal Children's Day’s objective of promoting international togetherness.
In all the Competition categories, there will be three awards viz. Gold, Silver & Bronze along with “Special Mentions.”
Winners will be given Digital Plaques and E-citation.
KidzCINEMA2020 is an international children’s film festival for the global audience.
The Mission of the festival is to connect the world and build togetherness among the children of the world.
The Vision of the festival is to use the medium of cinema to nurture creativity among the children of the world.
White Coffee and CINEMA by CMT brings kidzCINEMA2020 for Indian children to connect with their global counterparts through the medium of cinema in an online platform. White Coffee Event Management Pvt. Ltd., a celebrity and event management company and CINEMA (Creating Indian National Ethos through Media & Arts) by Chandrika Memorial Trust, a platform helping the young people in India express themselves through Media and Arts bring this event to the global children’s audience.
The terms of participation
1. In the Live Action and Animation categories, the festival will accept applications from authors across the world in both formats Feature & Shorts from all countries.
2. In the Kids Made films category, the festival will accept applications from authors across the world by children and youth, under 20 years of age at the time of production of their film(s)
3. Individual filmmakers and all schools across the world are welcome to enter their work. Each author or School can enter a maximum of 5 films per category. There is no submission charge.
4. The maximum duration of any individual film must not exceed 90 minutes (credits included).
5. The festival will accept only online applications through FilmFreeway https://filmfreeway.com/kidzCINEMA2020
6. All films made for the children and youth audiences across the world having their production dates after 7th November 2019 are eligible to participate in this category. All films must be subtitled in English.
7. If for some reason works cannot be submitted through FilmFreeway, please contact the Organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative methods to submit films.
8. The entries must be sent latest by 6th November 2020.
9. Entries not complying with the above-mentioned regulations shall not enter the selection process.
10. The festival would like to use the works entered for the promotion of film making among children and youth. The festival would like to show the entries in public, in the media, and any other form of public screening, including the copying of the works in the non-profit intent of storing them in the festival archive.
11. The list of films that have entered the festival competition will be announced starting 7th November 2020 on the festival’s web page: www.kidzcinema.in, and will be completed by 13th November 2020. The authors that have entered the official programme will be notified via email as well.
The list of awards:
1. Best animated film
2. Best LIVE Action film
3. Best Kids Made Film
Note: Depending upon the number of entries received, the festival authorities might increase the awards.