Katerina Balabay – film director, journalist, producer, creator of the production studio Mediagroup 8. Member of the National Union of Ukrainian Journalists. Among her works – feature and documental films, which were films which were highly appreciated in the international Film Festivals.
Katerina was born on 8 February 1981 in Kharkiv. Finished a Music School, where she was studied piano. From her childhood, she was dreaming of being a writer. At the age of 19, she had started to work as journalist in print and internet editions. Then Katerina had decided to fully commit itself to television journalism and worked on the Kharkov TV channel "Simon". Later she was started to create her own reports, video stories and essays, cooperated with the Ukrainian television channel "Inter". In 2012-2013 she was working on a four-part feature and documentary film "On the Dnipro Borders".
In 2015 she graduated from the Kharkov State Academy of Culture with a degree in film and television directing. During the studding, she met an operator Yuriy Krassyuk, with whom she works on the most of her projects until now.
In 2016 Katerina founded the production studio Mediagroup 8, where she works as a director, creating feature, social and documentary films, commercials, music videos and other screen content.
Awards and nominations:
- Film “My Land” (director, screenwriter) – laureate of "The Women’s Film & Script Showcase", USA, 2018.
- Official Selection of the festival "Kinomedia", Ukraine.
- Semifinalist of the festival "CineFest", USA, 2018.
- Official Selection of the festival " The Mediterranean Film Festival" (MedFF), Italy, 2017.
- Official Selection of the festival "Berlin Flash Film Festival" Germany, 2018.
- Social advertising "Big Stories of a small Business" (director) won a prize of the festival "Molodiya International Social Advertising Festival»