We at KAIFF 2019 have added ADDITIONAL CATEGORIES to the REGULAR CATEGORIES of SUBMISSION in the FEATURE FILMS / SHORT FILMS & DOCUMENTARY Sections.
However, the ADDITIONAL CATEGORY can be added to your entry only after submitting your entry in the main FEATURE FILMS / SHORT FILMS & DOCUMENTARY category, which you may kindly make note of.
Serving as Ahmedabad’s upcoming Premier Film Festival, the Karnavati International Film Festival (KAIFF) is founded to showcase the talent of the Gujarat region and especially Ahmedabad as the upcoming regional Film Industry and the gateway to the serial makers in the heartland of Gujarat. With an aim to exhibit the most captivating and innovative content, the two day KAIFF 2019 festival is slated to inspire many talented film makers.
KAIFF's mission is to present quality films from around the world as well as support, recognize and honor budding and talented film makers from across the globe. With an aim and focus to to connect the audiences of Ahmedabad, Vadodara and even Surat and Rajkot and acclaim them with world cinema, this platform is also created to bring about greater understanding of the art of film making.
With film festivals now becoming a paid ticket affair and caters only to a selected range of audiences, the two day KAIFF will be a “Free for All” film festival to enjoy films from various countries including Germany, Italy, UK, USA, Russia, Bangladesh, Iran, Poland in English and the country's own languages. Indian regional language films like Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, and in south Indian language including Malayalam, Tamil, Telegu and Kanada will be showcased.
The films will be organized thematically, in hopes of representing the full range of the human experience as reflected by our chosen filmmakers. KAIFF will also be a vital showcase for indie short film makers as the festival has a PSA Films Category in addition to its competitive sections. The PSA films should be of 5 minutes duration revolving around a theme and have a strong social message.
The following Awards are constituted in FOREIGN / INDIAN categories for Feature Films / Short Films / Documentary / Animation & Music Videos
BEST FEATURE FILM
BEST DOCUMENTARY FILM
BEST SHORT FILM
BEST CHILDREN FILM
BEST EXPERIMENTAL FILM
BEST FILM ON SOCIAL ISSUES
BEST ENVIRONMENTAL FILM
BEST DEBUTANTE DIRECTOR
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
BEST FILM - LOCAL TALENT
BEST VFX FILM
BEST PUBLIC SERVICE FILM
SPECIAL JURY MENTION CERTIFICATE
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SUBMISSION & PARTICIPATION
The festival will not interact with anyone except the submitter and/ or the producer of the film. If any person - be it the actor, writer, director or anyone from the production crew tries to forcibly extract information about the status of the film from the festival authorities, the festival will have absolute rights to >>DISQUALIFY THE FILM<< from competition and/ or screening which you may kindly note. At the same time, the festival may take the decision to ban the production house completely from sending entries to the future editions of the festival.
Open to filmmakers worldwide, all genres and lengths depending on the categories mentioned.
- Filmmakers can submit more than one entry to the festival in any category.
- All films that are not in English must have English language subtitles.
- Each entry must be a separate submission which includes form and payment for each submission.
- To apply for special categories including Best Film / Best Director / Best Experimental film and the like, Filmmakers have to submit in the main category and only then you will be eligible for the special categories.
- Any entry that comes only in the Special categories will not be eligible unless you have sent your entry in the main category - Shorts / Features / Documentary
- The Festival reserves the right to determine eligibility of any work submitted.
- Entry fees are payable through FilmFreeway payment systems and are non-refundable.
- The decision of the Festival committee will be final and binding.