The first annual Innovasian film, screenplay, and music contest celebrates Asian Americans across all platforms of entertainment, including film and music. We will feature innovative names both established and on the rise, strengthening our communities and providing voices for this and the next generations. Winner to be featured for a Q&A at Ermantourage's fall 2019 entertainment panel event on November 8th, an event celebrating Asian Americans in media, film, music, and more.
Portion of submission fees to benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention LA, a voluntary health organization that gives those affected by suicide a nationwide community empowered by research, education and advocacy to take action against this leading cause of death.
We are seeking Asian storytellers with unique voices! For film and screenplay submissions, features, pilots, and shorts are welcome!
Innovasian was founded by Erman Baradi, deemed "top networker in Hollywood" by The Huffington Post. Erman is co-founder of The Film Empire and MixKnowledgy, and founder of Ermantourage.
Best Music Artist
Winner to be featured for a Q&A at Ermantourage's Innovasian 2019 entertainment panel event, an event celebrating Asian Americans in media, film, music, and more.
Winner to have a featured interview in digital magazine Vents Magazine.
Film/Screenplay Mentors include:
1. Sang Kyu Kim, writer/producer, "The Walking Dead" (2012-2013); supervising producer/writer, "24: Live Another Day"; writer, "Wayward Pines"; co-executive producer/writer, "Designated Survivor"
2. Curt Kanemoto, senior vice president, Atlas Entertainment; co-producer, "Wonder Woman"
3. Gloria Fan, Vice President, Fox 21 Television Studios (comedy and drama programming)
4. Kyle Vinuya, Development Coordinator of Original Series, Amazon Studios
5. Ashley Lee, entertainment reporter, LA Times; former editor at The Hollywood Reporter
1. Charlene Huang, Manager, Music Creative/Production, Kids & Family at Netflix; music director of Dreamworks Animation (2014-2017)
2. Nathan Matthew David, composer, "Deadly Class," "Angie Tribeca"
-Must be 18 years of age or older.
-Applicants can be located anywhere in the world. Must have a passport and travel should you want to attend the summit. International entries are allowed but the material must be written in English.
- If a screenplay is submitted, it must be in PDF format.
- Re-submissions are allowed but entry fee must be paid again.
- Your title page should include the correct contact information.
- At the time of your submission, the script must not have been produced.
- Please no adaptations of material based on another's intellectual property.
- If the script is written by a writing duo, only the writer submitted will qualify.
- Any music submitted must be the original work of the artist.
- Music submitted may not have used samples by other artists.
- Submissions must be the original work of the submitting applicant.