The Idyllwild International Festival Of Cinema is dedicated to showcasing emerging talent in both studio and independent film. Our goal is to provide a forum where emerging filmmakers can connect with industry professionals to advance and promote their work within an atmosphere supportive of Independent filmmaking.
The Idy Awards (Idyllwild Film Awards) have become one of California's most prestigious film festival prizes. For 2021 IIFC will hand out Idys in the following categories:
Best Actor (Feature, Short, Featurette)
Best Actress (Feature, Short, Featurette)
Best Supporting Actor (Feature)
Best Supporting Actress (Feature)
Best Ensemble Cast (Feature, Featurette, Short)
Best Director (Feature, Short, Featurette)
Best Director (Documentary)
Best Screenplay (Feature, Short, Featurette)
The Roger Taylor Awards for Best Original Score (Feature, Short, Featurette)
Juan Ruiz Anchia Best Cinematography Awards (Feature, Short, Featurette)
Best Documentary (Feature)
Best Documentary (Short or Featurette)
Best Student Film (Under 22 years)
Best Feature Film
Best International Feature Film
Best International Featurette
Best Short Film
Best International Short Film
Golden Era Humanitarian Film Awards
The Mary Austin Women In Independent Film Awards (Directing, Producing, Screenwriting )
New Media Award (Music Videos, Web Series, Informative)
Audience Choice Award
Festival Producer's Choice Award
Festival Director's Choice Award
Best of Festival Award
Awards categories are subject to change depending on the number of selected films in a particular genre. The organizers of the festival reserve the right to place a film in a category other than that in which it is submitted. Filmmakers selected to IIFC will have 48 HOURS to withdraw their film from the festival after official selections are announced. After that, your film WILL be screened, EVEN FILMS THAT CLAIM DISTRIBUTOR REQUESTED REMOVAL will be scheduled and screened at IIFC if not pulled within the 48 hour period. Exception: A FEE of $500 will be charged, and must be paid, to the festival organizers before any film will be allowed to exit the festival schedule after said time period.
IDYLLWILD INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF CINEMA
Terms & Conditions
IIFC is open to U.S. and International films in the following 13 categories:
Feature Films (over 60min)
Short Films (under 15min)
Documentary - Features (over 60min)
Documentary - Featurette or short (under 60min)
Student Films - under age 22 (Under 15 min)
International - Features (over 60min)
International - Featurettes (15min-60min)
International - Shorts (Under 15min)
Animations (All lengths)
New Media: Web Series -2 episodes no longer than 15 mins total, Music Video, Informative Shorts.
Humanitarian Films (All Lengths)
Entry Requirements and Rules:
1. To be eligible, an entry must have been completed between 2018 and 2021.
*All film entries must be submitted through FilmFreeway to be considered for selection.
2. Fully completed entry form submitted through FilmFreeway with current contact information.
3. Entry Fees must be paid before your project will be considered. You must submit your film to the correct category (please see category guidelines) and pay the submission fees for that category.
4. All entries and supporting materials for all deadlines must arrive on or before December 21, 2021.
5. Non-English language produced films must be dubbed in English or contain English subtitles.
6. All entry fees are non-refundable.
7. Student Films must include your high school (or lower grade) or college or Film School in the appropriate section of your entry on FilmFreeway.
8. Selected film entries will be notified no later than January 1, 2022 via FilmFreeway and posting on our website.
9. All entrants grant IIFC the right to use an excerpt from the accepted films (not exceeding 3 minutes) for promotional purposes in any and all media, including the festival website.
10. After selection announcement, a full nominations form will be sent to each filmmaker. Completion and return of this form, in which the filmmaker will be required to give detailed cast and key crew nomination category information and contact details, must be submitted before any nominations will be granted to a particular film.
**Films which have been broadcast on TV or cable, or have had a theatrical or streaming release prior to IIFC 2022 opening day, are not eligible for competition. Exceptions are: Films which have streamed during online festivals or have had special online screenings but ARE NOT currently available to the general public online. Other exceptions may be allowed on a case by case basis at the discretion of the festival director and executive producer.
• Films may only be submitted digitally through FilmFreeway. Link and Password to fully finished, full resolution project must be provided at the time of submission. Links and passwords must remain active until March 15, 2022. ( Please visit the HELP section of FilmFreeway for instructions on how to upload your film.) If you have received notification of acceptance into our festival, you will need to authorize IIFC to download your submission.
• We do not accept unfinished works. What you submit is what will be screened if accepted.
• All Submissions must include a full resolution digital poster one sheet .jpg as well as 2 productions stills from the film.
• Deadline fees will be strictly observed. ALL FEES MUST BE PAID before your project will be considered.
• The online submission form must be completed in full when submitting through FilmFreeway. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your online entry form and required entry materials are properly submitted. IIFC reserves the right to disqualify any submission if improperly submitted.
• Your completed entry and selection automatically allows IIFC full rights and licensing to utilize your project’s title, cast and crew info, screen grabs, artwork, etc., for promotional uses worldwide.
• Student film entries must include full information of filmmaker’s educational institute at the time of project’s completion, a copy of Student's Educational ID and enrollment verification showing attendance at Institution at time of projects completion
Nominations and Awards:
• Unless IIFC is instructed otherwise, all film entries will be considered for nomination.
• Each project accepted into IIFC will be required to provide a clip from the film. The clip must appear in the finished film and be no longer than 30 seconds in length. The clip must be the same resolution as the submitted film. These clips may be used during the Awards Ceremony for the films with nominations.
• Directors/Producers must submit a scene clip for each Actor/Actress they wish to have nominated. The clip must appear in the finished film and be no longer than 30 seconds in length. The clip must be the same resolution as the submitted film.
• Award winners will be selected from the highest rated films that went through a panel of judges, including film industry professionals. Winners agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival as well as other promotional events, including the website. The determination of the winners is final.
• AWARD WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT, OR BE REPRESENTED BY A LEGITIMATE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FILM IN ORDER TO WIN, i.e. a member of the cast or crew.
• Filmmakers attending the festival are responsible for travel, lodging, and all other expenses.
Filmmakers accepted into the IIFC will be entitled to the following:
• Two Filmmaker Badges granting access to
All films, panels, and seminars apart from fundraising events
Entrance to parties
Entrance to all Industry Networking Events, Etc.
You will have the opportunity to purchase discounted passes and tickets in advance for additional filmmakers, crew, and actors attending the festival with your film.
The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival.
Participation in the Idyllwild International Festival of Cinema implies understanding and acceptance of all terms included in this application. By submitting your entry, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the General Rules, and to the Terms and Conditions listed.
Awards categories are subject to change depending on the number of selected films in a particular genre. The organizers of the festival reserve the right to place a film in a category other than that in which it is submitted.
Filmmakers selected to IIFC will have 48 HOURS to remove their film from the festival after the time official selections are announced. After that, your film WILL be screened, EVEN FILMS THAT CLAIM DISTRIBUTOR REQUESTED REMOVAL will be scheduled and screened at IIFC if not pulled within the 48 hour period. Exception: A FEE of $500 (USD) will be charged, and must be paid, to the festival organizers before any film will be allowed to exit the festival schedule after said time period.