The 25th ifva Awards
Organised by Hong Kong Arts Centre, ifva (formerly the Hong Kong Independent Short Film and Video Awards) is an Incubator for Film and Visual media in Asia. With a cutting-edge vision and approach, ifva has evolved to promote different visual cultures while exploring the boundless potential of creative media. In addition to the annual awards and festival, ifva curates a host of programmes under two initiatives, “Cultivation” and “Engagement”. By connecting creative communities all over the world, ifva aims to engage everyone in the art of creation. ifva is also a core event of “Entertainment Expo Hong Kong”.
26 Feb - 7 March 2020
15 July 2019 (Monday) 12am Hong Kong Time -
14 October 2019 (Monday), 6pm Hong Kong Time
The 25th ifva Awards
- To encourage creativity, aesthetics and innovative use of medium
- To encourage cross-fertilisation of creativity, knowledge and experience on media creation among different regions in Asia
(1) SHORT FILM - Asian New Force Category
Each Category has up to ten entries to enter the final round, and entries by finalists are being shown at the 25th ifva Festival. Asia Division finalists receive partially subsidised roundtrip flight tickets and the provision of hotel accommodation to visit Hong Kong for "The 25th ifva Festival". Prizes: Gold Award, Silver Award & Special Mention; Details of cash prizes will be announced in August 2019.
Submission Deadline: 14 October 2019 (Monday), 6pm Hong Kong Time
After the registration in Filmfreeway, please register at www.ifva-awards.com/rf/ on or before deadline.
Fill in the required information and confirm submission.
【HOW TO ENTER】
1. Submit and upload your work via Filmfreeway (Only uploaded video is accepted; Youtube link is invalid) if you are nationals or permanent residents of Asian countries and regions (excluding Hong Kong permanent residents). For Hong Kong permanent residents, please go to www.ifva.com (NOTE: filmfreeway is ONLY available for category Asian New Force and Animation, for other categories, please refer to our official website)
2. Register at the https://ifva-awards.com/rf/ on or before the submission deadline (14 October 2019, 6pm Hong Kong Time). You are required to complete the registration by filling in your name, and entry work title to verify your submission. Your submission is not completed without this registration process.
3. In the event the Entry is selected for presentation in “The 25th ifva Festival”, the presentation copy should reach the ifva office in early January 2020.
4. Entrants must submit a photocopy of valid identification documents (e.g. passport) for eligibility verification upon request. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any submitted work if the entrant fails to provide such document.
1. Entrants have no age restriction. Entrants must be nationals / permanent residents of Asian countries and regions (excluding Hong Kong permanent residents; the persons hold the passport of the Asian countries and regions and have the permanent right of abode in those areas).
List of eligible Asian countries and regions:
Afghanistan; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Brunei; Cambodia; China; China (Macau S.A.R) ; Cyprus; East Timor (Timor-Leste); Georgia; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Israel; Japan; Jordan; Kazakhstan; North Korea; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Laos; Lebanon; Malaysia; Maldives; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Oman; Palestine, Pakistan; Philippines; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Singapore; Sri Lanka; South Korea; Syria; Taiwan; Tajikistan; Thailand; Turkey; Turkmenistan; United Arab Emirates; Uzbekistan; Vietnam; Yemen
2. If the Entry has more than one entrant, at least half of the joint-entrants must be nationals / permanent residents of Asian countries and regions (excluding Hong Kong permanent residents). Individual particulars of each entrant must be submitted along with the Entry Form.
3. Entries must be produced on or after 1 October 2018. Works that have been updated after the said date are also eligible.
4. There is no restriction on the number of works that may be submitted.
5. Works that have been showcased, entered, or have won prizes in other contests may also be entered.
6. All entries from Hong Kong and Asia will be assessed together.
【Declaration & Letter of Consent 聲明及同意書】
1. Hong Kong Arts Centre (the “Organiser”) has the sole and absolute discretion to make final decisions in relation to issues which have not been covered in the ifva Rules and Regulations, the Entry Form and the Work Submission Form. The Organiser reserves the rights to revise such regulations and forms from time to time.
香港藝術中心（「主辦機構」）有唯一及絕對的酌情權作出最終決定以處理一切未有列明於 ifva 參賽要求及規則、報名表格及交件表格內之事項的爭議。主辦機構保留不時修訂該等規則及表格之權利。
2. The Entrant must be the sole and exclusive owner of the copyright in the Entry. Entries should not be infringements of any rights of any third party. If the copyright of an Entry is owned by a third person / party, please submit the Entry together with an authorised letter from the copyright holder of such Entry to ifva for the purpose of verifying its entry eligibility. The Entrant should only use a third party’s music excerpts or film/video segments in the Entry with prior written consent of the relevant third party. The Entrant must acknowledge any authorised use of music excerpts or film/video segments in the Entry in accordance with relevant copyright laws. The Organiser shall not be responsible, whether directly or indirectly, for any liability arising whatsoever or howsoever from any violation of any copyright laws. The Entrant agrees and undertakes to accept and be responsible for all such liability arising therefrom.
參賽者必須是參賽作品的版權的唯一及獨家擁有人，參賽作品不應侵犯任何第三者之任何權利。如參賽作品之版權由第三者所擁有，請遞交此參賽作品之版權持有人 / 機構的同意書，以茲核實其參賽資格。參賽者只應該於獲得有關第三者事先書面同意的情況下於參賽作品中採用第三者之音樂、圖像、錄像或影片片段。如有任何獲授權採用之音樂、錄像或影片片段者，須根據有關版權法於參賽作品中註明。主辦機構將不會直接或間接為任何抵觸版權法例而引起的責任負責。參賽者同意及承諾會接受及為所有該等由此而起的責任負責。
3. The Entrant may at its sole and absolute discretion determines the entry category and shall be responsible for the decision. The Organiser can advise the suitability of the selected entry category and has the final decision on the entry’s eligibility.
4. Once an Entry has been submitted to “The 25th ifva Awards”, or awarded or shortlisted as Finalists in “The 25th ifva Festival” by the Organiser (even before notification to the Entrant), the Entrant is not entitled to withdraw the Entry from “The 25th ifva Festival” for any reason unless with written consent from the Organiser. The Organiser reserves all rights to take legal action against any party for any withdraw the Entry from “The 25th ifva Festival”.
若任何參加「第二十五屆 ifva 獨立短片及影像媒體比賽」，或作品獲主辦機構評選為得獎或入圍作品（即使參賽者仍未獲悉），除非得到主辦機構的書面同意，參賽者不可因任何原因要求將該得獎或入圍作品撤回參加「第二十五屆 ifva 獨立短片及影像媒體節」。主辦機構保留對任何人士要求將該得獎或入圍作品撤回參加「第二十五屆 ifva 獨立短片及影像媒體節」追究法律責任的權利。
5. The Organiser has the right to present/screen any Entry which has been awarded and/or shortlisted as Finalists during “The 25th ifva Festival” (February to March 2020).
主辦機構有權在「第二十五屆 ifva 獨立短片及影像媒體節」舉行期間 (2020年2至3月) 展出 / 放映任何得獎或被選為入圍作品的作品。
6. In the event that an Entry is awarded and/or shortlisted for presentation in “The 25th ifva Festival”, the Organiser shall have the right to use no more than 3 minutes footage or 10% of the total running time of the Entry, whichever is longer, for promotional purposes in any or all media.
若參賽作品得獎及/或被選為「第二十五屆 ifva 獨立短片及影像媒體節」入圍作品，主辦機構有權採用不多於三分鐘的片段或整個作品的10% 的片段 (以較長者為準) 於任何或所有媒體作宣傳用途。
7. In the event that an Entry is awarded and/or shortlisted for presentation in “The 25th ifva Festival”, the Organiser shall have the right to arrange non-commercial screenings and curate programme on online platform for the Entry in Hong Kong and other international cities within a year from the date of its award presentation ceremony, provided that the Organiser shall notify the Entrant of such arrangement in advance.
若參賽作品於「第二十五屆 ifva 獨立短片及影像媒體節」中得獎及/或被選為入圍作品，主辦機構或會安排作品從頒獎當日起一年內，於香港及其他國際城市作非商業性的展出/放映及於網上平台播放。主辦機構將會就有關事宜之安排事先徵求參賽者同意。
8. Prior to any commercial use of an Entry, the Organiser shall enter into a separate agreement with the copyright holder of the Entry.
9. Unless an Entrant objects in writing, the Entrant agrees and acknowledges that Hong Kong Film Archive has the perpetual right to keep one copy of each winning Entry for archival or research purposes, or for the purposes of non-profit making presentations in the performing venues of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department. The Entrant agrees and authorises the Organiser to provide his/her contact details to Hong Kong Film Archive for the said archival arrangement.
10. Unless an Entrant objects in writing, the Organiser has the perpetual right to keep one copy of each winning Entry for educational, archival and research purposes.
11. The DVD screener will not be returned.
12. In the event of any discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of the above terms, the English version shall prevail.
This Declaration & Letter of Consent shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.