【The 26th ifva Awards】
Organised by Hong Kong Arts Centre, ifva (formerly the Hong Kong Independent Short Film and Video Awards) is an Incubator for Film and Visual media in Asia. With a cutting-edge vision and approach, ifva has evolved to promote different visual cultures while exploring the boundless potential of creative media. In addition to the annual awards and festival, ifva curates a host of programmes under two initiatives, “Cultivation” and “Engagement”. By connecting creative communities all over the world, ifva aims to engage everyone in the art of creation. ifva is also a core event of “Entertainment Expo Hong Kong”.
1. To discover and nurture the next currents for the local creative industry of moving images
2. To encourage independent spirit on creativity, aesthetics and innovative use of the medium
3. To encourage cross-fertilization of creativity, knowledge, and experience on media creation among different regions in Asia
(1) SHORT FILM | Asian New Force Category
Any type of film (including fiction, documentary, experimental, except commercials) can be submitted to this category.
(2) ANIMATION | Asia Division*
Any type of animation (including fiction, documentary, experimental, except commercials) can be submitted to this category.
For Hong Kong permanent residents, please visit www.ifva.com for details of other categories and submissions.
(FilmFreeway is ONLY available for entrants that are permanent residents of Asian countries, to enter the category Asian New Force and Animation – Asia Division. For other categories, please refer to our official website for details and submissions.)
* For Animation Category, all entries from Hong Kong and Asia will be assessed together.
For Each Category, up to 10 entries will be selected as the Finalists entering the final round, and entries by finalists will be showcased at the 26th ifva Festival. For Finalists from the Asia Division, they would receive a partially subsidised roundtrip flight tickets and the provision of hotel accommodation for their visit to Hong Kong for "The 26th ifva Festival".
【Awards & Prizes】
| Gold Award | Silver Award | Special Mention |
Details of cash prizes will be announced in August 2020.
In the event of any discrepancies between the below rules and regulation, the full version of the 26th ifva Awards Details and Regulations shall prevail. The submission to ifva implies acceptance of this Details and Regulations. The English text of the Details and Regulations is the authentic and binding version.
(I) Basic Rules & Regulations
1. There is no restriction on the number of entries, but each entry can only be entered for one category.
2. Works that have been submitted to previous ifva Awards will not be accepted.
3. Works that have been showcased, entered, or have won prizes in other contests may also be accepted.
4. The screener cannot be replaced after the submission deadline, 12th October 2020 (Monday) 6:00pm (Hong Kong Time). Only the original uploaded version will be viewed by the jury panel.
5. The Organiser and Jury Panel reserve the right to disqualify any Entry that does not comply with the rules and regulations of this competition stipulated herein. The decisions of the Organiser and Jury Panel shall be final and conclusive.
(II) Entry Requirements
1. Entry Fee:
An Entry to the Asian New Force Category and the Animation Category (Asia Division), an Entry Fee of US10.00 each entry shall apply upon submission if the Entry is submitted after 7th August 2020 and before the deadline. This Entry Fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
2. Submission Links:
Only uploaded video in FilmFreeway or Vimeo link is accepted;
3. Production & Completion Date:
Must be produced or updated on or after 1st October 2019. Re-submission of the past entrant works will not be considered.
The maximum running time of Entries is 30 minutes (including end credits).
The Entry must contain English subtitles.
(III) Entrant Eligibilities
1. Entrants have no age restriction.
2. Asian Nationality:
Entrants must be nationals / permanent residents of Asian countries and regions (excluding Hong Kong permanent residents*). Entrants must submit a photocopy of valid identification documents (e.g. passport) for eligibility verification. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any submitted work if the entrant fails to provide such document.
List of eligible Asian countries and regions:
Afghanistan; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Brunei; Cambodia; China; China (Macau S.A.R) ; Cyprus; East Timor (Timor-Leste); Georgia; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Israel; Japan; Jordan; Kazakhstan; North Korea; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Laos; Lebanon; Malaysia; Maldives; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Oman; Palestine, Pakistan; Philippines; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Singapore; Sri Lanka; South Korea; Syria; Taiwan; Tajikistan; Thailand; Turkey; Turkmenistan; United Arab Emirates; Uzbekistan; Vietnam; Yemen
3. Eligibility in Case of Joint-Entrants:
If the Entry has more than one entrant, at least half of the joint-entrants must be nationals / permanent residents of Asian countries and regions (excluding Hong Kong permanent residents). Individual particulars of each entrant must be submitted along with the Entry Form. If the number of joint-entrants from Hong Kong and Asian countries and regions is equal, the Entrant may decide to choose the division.
The Organiser has the sole and final decision in relation to issues which have not been covered in the Details and Regulations, the Entry Form and the Work Submission Form. The Organiser reserves the right to revise such regulations and forms at any time.
【Declaration & Letter of Consent】
The submission to ifva implies acceptance of this "Declaration & Letter of Consent". The English text of the Declaration & Letter of Consent is the authentic and binding version. This Declaration & Letter of Consent shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.
【Frequently Asked Questions】