The Irish Adventure Film Festival and Tour (formally the Why Not? Adventure Film Festival) is an annual adventure sports documentary film festival. It takes place in various locations around Ireland. We have two goals - to inspire people with tales of adventure and to honour those filmmakers and athletes that share their vision of the outdoors with us.
Awards & Prizes
--- Grand Jury Winner ---
> Best overall film as decided by our judges.
--- Adventure Film Awards ---
> Best Adventure Film
> Best Short Adventure Film
> Best Amateur Adventure Film
> Best Adventure Film Soundtrack
> People’s Choice Award (Adventure)
> The Mc Conkey Award - Most inspiring adventure film as decided by the audience.
--- Environmental Film Awards ---
> Best Environmental Film
> Best Short Environmental Film
> Best Amateur Environmental Film
> Best Environmental Film Soundtrack
> People’s Choice Award (Environmental)
> Prize money is re-distributed directly from entry fee's. We take a very small percentage of each submission fee and put the majority of it towards our filmmaker prize fund. Therefore the total prize fund fluctuates depending on that total number of paid film submissions.
> There are three prize funds:
Grand Jury Winner. People's Choice Award (Adventure & Environmental)
> A film can only receive prize money once.
> If you can't afford the submission fee you can ask for an exemption (ie - not pay the fee).
>However, if you don't pay a submission fee and your film win's a category - you're ineligible to your share of the prize fund. It would be unfair on those that have paid the submission fee.
Rules & Terms
2018 SUBMISSION GUIDELINES.
0. If you are an amateur film maker you can select the students fee for your submission.
We define an amateur filmmaker as someone who hasn't made money through film making (ie - haven't sold films online or offline, haven't gotten paid for making a film).
1. We only accept film submissions via FilmFreeway.
2. If your film is selected as part of the 2018 Festival & Tour we’ll ask for a digital copy that we can download in the following format:
Quick Time 1920 x 1080 HD using a h265 codec at 5000 mbps OR Quick Time 1920 X 1080 H264 @ 20000mbps.
3. Please enable the 'REQUEST DOWNLOAD' function when you submit your film so that we can download it if needed.
4. Include promotional assets with your submission (photos, film posters, etc).
5. This is an ADVENTURE SPORT DOCUMENTARY film festival. There is also an ENVIRONMENTAL aspect to the film festival and we welcome environmental documentary film submissions. We ONLY accept documentary films in those two genres
(...if you submit a film that doesn't fit either of those two criteria it'll likely mean that you didn't read our very simple guidelines and just pressed 'submit'. In which case we will likely take your submission fee, head to our favourite pub, ask Mike our favourite barman for a round of tequila shots and toast to your film before hitting the 'not accepted' button :).
To find out more about the festival visit www.whynotadventurefilmfestival.com