Georgia Chioni is an award winning author,screenwriter,director and producer was born in Thessaloniki and grew up in Kavala (GR). She graduated from the Faculty of Law of the Aristoteles University of Thessaloniki. She obtained two postgraduate degrees in Germany (Saarbruecken) and a phd in Italy (Florence). In 2007 she attended a screenwriting school in Athens. For the past three years she has been a collaborator of the University of Athens (e-Learning, Creative Writing Programme). Many of her theatrical have been produced and performed in various theatrical scenes of Greece. She has written feature length and short screenplays in Greece, the UK and USA, as well as scripts for comics. She has also published 7 novels. She has received many awards in national and world litterary competitions. In recent years she teaches seminars on screenwriting, creative writing, psychology and litterature as well as litterary work adapted to theater / cinema.
List of works
-Lucky John, short dark comedy (co-scriptwriter John Nolan), 2012 (directed Lyv-Bien Aime, Justlive film studios, Boston, 2013), Hella Love Shorts film festival, Oakland Screening, US, 2013.
-Deadly Luck, black short comedy, Animeye Produpstions, International Festival Argo, Volos, August 2012.
-One Night in Eden, script, formal participation at the Berlin International Independent Movie Festival, in competition, in February 2015.
-Edward Mors (horror)
- "The pink scarf" Theatrical Engine Kavala, Winter 2009 Theatre Group Lamia "Art Vision", Summer 2009, City Theatrical Group N.Triglias July 2010, DIPETHE VERIAS-Theatre Group Lectern 2012 Mill Theatre Group, Spring 2015
- «The grey suit" Theatrical Team Trackers, June 2011
- "In cold blood", Theatrical Team Trackers, Athens, Summer 2011, Winter theater Karditsa 2012
- "Rats" Theatrical Team Trackers, Athens, Summer 2011
- "Intolerable life" Without Curtain Theatre Group, Athens 2011-2012
- "X" Theatrical Art Group Atzsam, June 2014 and February 2015 Theatrical Group “Satir”, Rhodes, June 2014
- "Lessons of Good Conduct" (Adaptation Project "Il Raggionamento», Piedro Aretino) (adaptation to puppetry by Katerina Sopidi), March 2015
Writer / Director / Production (Independent short film productions)
-The Green Marble (2015)
-Letter to Violet (2015)
-The Other (2016)
-Bad Luck (comedy), JnG Productions
-Jilted, (Script by John Nolan), 2912 Moments of Media, United Kingdom, 2015
-Garbage, (Script by John Nolan), JNG productions, 2015, Greece / Ireland
- "Navar – Faith’s Wrath, ed. Comicworld (2015)
-Deadly Luck (scenario): Official participation in Argo Film Festival (Volos 2012)
-Borderline - Trailer: Official participation in the Access Code Short Film Festival (India, 2015)
-Borderline (Short): Official membership in the International Film Festival 12 Month Film Festival (Romania, May 2015) and Roma Doc Cinema (, June 2015)
-Malediction (Horror scenario): official participation in the competition section International Fantastic Film Festival Utah JUNE 2015
-Antidote: Official participation in 12 Months Film Festival Romania, Wendy's Short, US, Phoenix Film Festival, Melbourne, Arctic Live Monthly Film Festival.
-The Green Marble: Επίσημη συμμετοχή στο 12 Μonths Film Festival Ρουμανία.
-Masks, short screenplay, 12 Month Film Festival.
-Green Marble: Official participation in 12 Months Film Festival Romania.
-Playground, Los Angeles Cine Fest, July 2016
-Post it, Barcelone Planet Film Festival, September 2016, Short of the Month, September 2016, Sweet As Film Festival, July 2016.
- Masks, scenario short, Writer of the Month (12 Month Film Festival Roumania, 2015)
-Antidote, 2nd Award fiction and 3rd award production (September 2015, 12 Month Film Festival Roumania 2015)
-Green Marble, 1nd production Award, 2rd Award "Actor of the Month" (12 Month FIlm Festival - Octomber
-The Other, Best Short Film, Direct Short Online Film Festival, April 2016
-Dignity, Audience Award, December 2015, 12 Month Film Festival, Roumania
-Lilly Black, Best Woman Filmmaker, Barcelona Planet Film Festival, March 2018
-Incubus, Best Cinematographer, Barcelona Planet Film Festival, April 2018