GAZE International LGBT Film Festival Dublin celebrates LGBT storytelling. Our exciting programme of films and events engages filmmakers and audiences in a vibrant social experience.
GAZE programmes thematically to explore the many facets of LGBT lives worldwide, expressly including films which deal with the difficulties facing our LGBT sisters and brothers around the world and at home.
Spirit of GAZE Award
Best Irish Short
Best International Short
1. GAZE International LGBT Film Festival is presented in association with our sponsors Accenture Ireland, the Arts Council of Ireland and Dublin City Council.
2. The aim of GAZE film festival is to showcase the latest and greatest of international LGBT cinema, and to help foster and promote the Irish LGBT filmmaking community.
3. GAZE is an annual event taking place in the Light House Cinema, Dublin, with accompanying events taking place throughout the year.
4. Feature films, documentaries and short films of any genre or subject matter are open for unsolicited submission to the festival.
5. Feature film, documentaries and short films of any genre or subject matter are also selected by invitation by the festival.
6. Entries to GAZE Film Festival must have been produced within the last two years. Priority is given to Irish premieres. However, this is not prerequisite to selection for the festival. Films which are available online, or have received a theatrical or video release in Ireland, will not be considered for the festival.
7. Viewing material is accepted via online link (password protected) or downloadable file. If you do not have an online link or downloadable format for the film, please contact us directly.
8. GAZE bestows a number of awards at the end of the festival – Spirit of GAZE, Best Documentary, Best Irish Short, Best International Short and Audience Award. Please note that these awards are symbolic and have no monetary value.
9. All foreign language films that are submitted to the festival must be subtitled in English.
10. GAZE Film Festival will not alter selected films in any way for their festival screening.
11. Excerpts from films will only be shown for promotional purposes if permission is obtained from the producer.
12. GAZE Film Festival is a public event, with a number of accredited filmmakers, jury members, distributors, film programmers and press in attendance.
13. The regular submissions deadline for GAZE Film Festival is 5pm on Friday March 29th 2019. The late submissions deadline is Friday April 24th 2020. Films should be submitted online through FilmFreeway. Selection notifications for the festival will be made by Friday May 31st 2020.
14. Submission of a film represents agreement with the regulations set forth here.