Boston Collective Film Festival
Our film festival is something completely different. If you are frustrated with film festivals. IF YOU feel as though you spend EMBARRASSING amounts of money and time sharing your content, IF YOU feel as though you drive, fly, travel to crappy festivals and get nothing out of it other than other filmmakers in the same boat and an hour of terrible films, IF YOU have been accepted to many film festivals and never gotten a single introduction to distributor THEN KEEP READING BECAUSE OUR FESTIVAL IS FOR YOU.
You're entry into this festival is an AUDITION.
Each festival Big Weasel Lil Weasel will organize a production of one project using the winners from the festival.
That project will get turned into a book, audio book for itunes and audible, and a short film. THE PROFITS FR0M THAT PRODUCTION WILL BE SPLIT BASED ON TIME WORKED ON THE PROJECT.
SO HERE'S HOW IT WORKS. FIRSTLY WE'LL BE ACCEPTING THE FOLLOWING:
1. SCRIPTS- one script will be published and it will be the project we work on.
2. ALSO SCRIPTS- we will need writers to punch up and edit those scripts.
3. SHORTS AND FEATURES AND DOCS- when you submit you will be required to tell us what position you want in our film; i.e. DIRECTOR, ACTOR, NARRATION, VOICE ACTING, CINEMATOGRAPHY, PRODUCER ETC.
4. ANIMATED SHORTS- Animated films require a lot of what we need for filmmaking; EDITING, SOUND EDITING, GRAPHICS, POSTER
5. PODCASTS/ALTERNATIVE MEDIA- this has been a free category in the past but this year we will need people to help PROMOTE, TALK ABOUT, CRITICIZE, AND EVEN CREATE for the film. If you are passionate about your youtube stream, twitch, asmr, instagram, etc and want to be a part of the film this category is for you. This is great for creators who have little experience in professional filmmaking.
6. FREE ALTERNATIVE MEDIA- this category is not eligible to share in profits but will get to look into public production meetings and get first looks at the project.
The aim of this film festival is to not only share the wealth but to take back film and festivals from big companies. This last year has seen the swallowing up of the studio giants to become a goliath and it'll take all of our sling shots to take it back.
I meet filmmakers, including myself, sick of waiting for some person on high to fix my distribution problems. With this festival, we can make something good, make some money and make an impact.
BREAK A LEG!
All winners will be given monetary divided prize from production.
1. CHOSEN SCRIPT- to be produced.
2. CHOSEN WRITERS- for punch up
3. CHOSEN DIRECTOR of production
4. CHOSEN ACTORS- depends on production
5. CHOSEN VOICE ACTORS- for various voice roles
6. CHOSEN ANIMATORS
7. CHOSEN PODCASTS
8. CHOSEN SOCIAL MEDIA
9. CHOSEN EDITORS
10. CHOSEN MUSIC
11. CHOSEN DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY
PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY.
Be sure to tweet @biglilweasel on twitter with what role you wish to be considered for and why