El Festival Internacional de Cine con Medios Alternativos (FICMA) busca fomentar y difundir la creación de cine y proyectos audiovisuales de calidad realizados con nuevas narrativas digitales y con nuevas tecnologías como smartphones, tabletas, drones, cámaras GoPro, cámaras dsrl entre otras, así como técnicas creativas e innovadoras.
El Festival tiene como tema de este año: la sustentabilidad. Pues consideramos que la tecnología aplicada al ecosistema humano de manera integral, puede ayudar a llegar un equilibrio económico, social y medio ambiental.
FICMA se realizará del 24 al 28 de noviembre del 2020 en la CDMX.
The International Film with Alternative Media Festival (FICMA by its acronym in Spanish) seeks to promote the creation of high quality films and audiovisual projects realized with new digital narratives and new technologies such as smartphones, tablets, drones, GoPro cameras, DSRL cameras, among others, as well as innovative and creative techniques.
The festival's theme this year is sustainability, as we consider that technology applied to the human ecosystem in an integral way can help to achieve an economic, social and environmental balance.
FICMA’s fifth edition will be held from november 24 to 28 in Mexico City.
The official award is a digital certificate, as well as prizes in kind in some categories from our sponsors.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• Registrations will be open from April 1, 2020 until July 31, with no possibility of extension.
• The films in other language than Spanish are required to be subtitled either in Spanish or English, with exceptions in some categories that not require it.
• Films that are selected to be Official Selection and Competition must have subtitles in Spanish, with the exception of the categories that do not require it, there will be a reasonable time to subtitle them, the filmakers will be given the option of subtitling service by the festival, whose cost will depend on the project in question, this will be reviewed with the participant via email.
• National and International filmmakers are allowed to participate with films produced between 2018 and 2020.
• The registered films in all the categories must have been made with devices such as smartphones, tablets, action cameras, drones, DSLR cameras, Blackmagic pocket, Osmo, 360º cameras, Virtual reality and/or augmented reality technology, as well as other alternative and original techniques.
• Films and Projects created with Red One, Scarlet X, Epic, Arri Alexa, Sony f6, 35mm, 16mm, or any other professional camera will not be accepted.
• Registered movies will have to clearly define the type of the device, camera or creative media that were used for the film, proving it by sending photos, stills or backstage videos.
• Fiction Feature Film
• Fiction Short Film
• Documentary Feature Film
• Documentary Short Film
• International documentary short film on sustainability
New Digital Narratives
• Digital animation Short Film
• Experimental Short Film
• Virtual Reality and 360º video Short Films
New Media and Pop Culture
• One-minute short web (fiction or documentary
Mexican Audiovisual Narrators
Mexican productions created exclusively with smartphones, GoPro, DSLR cameras, drones, Blackmagic pocket and Osmo cameras.
• Mexican Fiction Short film
• Mexican Documentary Short film
• Mexican Collegial Short film (Fiction or Documentary)
• Mexican Documentary Short Film on Sustainability
CONDITIONS AND FEES
• The normal period registrations will be from April 1 and the deadline for receipt of projects is July 31, 2020.
• April, May and June, registrations will be free for the international and Mexican sections. Starting on July 1, there will be a registration fee of $ 16 USD for feature films and $ 8 USD for short films without exception.
• The participants will only register and pay their fees through FilmFreeway, in which it is mandatory to have the download option active with a link and a password.
• The viewing and downloading format is MP4 1920 x 1080 full HD WITHOUT WATERMARK, or the best quality that their device or camera allows. Physical copies will not be accepted.
• Once the project and/or film is registered and selected for its screening in the festival, such films and projects will be part of the selection for the FICMA 2019 screening and it will not be removed or cancelled form the final program.
• It is mandatory that the participants deliver a digital press kit containing the film stills, a director’s photo, a film poster, photographs of the production, all with 300dpi, in jpg or tiff format; and a trailer (optional) in the FilmFreeway platform, where the material can be downloaded.
• In case of any question, please send an email to: email@example.com
SELECTION AND DISPLAY
• The organizing committee will evaluate the registered films and will choose the best projects in each category to form the official selection and final contests of FICMA 2020.
The participants registering a film must be the authors of the work and owners of the moral and property rights. The participants must demarcate the Festival from any responsibility before any possible claim of copyright from a third party.
• The films selected to be part of the official selection will become part of the FICMA video library, which will be promoted exclusively with artistic and cultural purposes.
• The official selection results will be announced on october 19 on the Festival’s digital platforms and social media. The selected participants will be notified by e-mail.
• The films being part of the official selection will be part of an itinerant exhibition and film season in agreement with other festivals and institutions.
• The festival will not pay for the exhibition rights of the participant films during neither the official selection nor the competence.
JURY AND AWARDS
• The jury will consist of professionals in the cinematography, culture and technology industry, and their decision will not be subject to appeal.
• The winners in the different categories and the honorable mentions will be announced on the last day of the Festival, during the closing ceremony and through the Festival’s website and social media. These participants will also be notified by e-mail.
• The FICMA committee and organizing members will not be part of the jury and are not allowed to participate.
• The official FICMA awards consist in: a national and international award with a printed and digital certificate, as well as prizes given by our sponsors in some categories, which will be announced through the Festival’s website and social media.
The registration and participation of a film implies the full recognition and acceptance of this terms and conditions.
The organizing committee will resolve any unexpected matter in this open call. For further information please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want more details and see the full terms an rules you can enter:
THE INTERNATIONAL FILM WITH ALTERNATIVE MEDIA FESTIVAL