English / Español
Tijuana International Film Festival is proud to present this 2017 the first edition of Tijuana Film & Food Festival in order to promote new talent in the film industry. We designed this festival as a tool that will help creators present their proposals to interested investors in the cinema industry, and of course, to the general public who loves enjoying films; We will have conferences, live music, party and we believe that our signature regional cuisine Baja Med naturally goes with the movies, that's why we have included it.
You can participate in the different categories and attending the festival, where you can enjoy all the projections of the contestants in different movie theatres (commercial, cultural and independent) in Tijuana, we also will have workshops and conferences and an extraordinary opening party with outdoor film projections and an exquisite dinner, where we will share a wonderful time and banquet with one of the most renowned chefs of Valle de Guadalupe, with wine and craft beer of Baja. We will close the festival with an awards ceremony where we will accompany national and international talent of the film industry to celebrate the winners with a wonderful celebration.
We know that many successful feature films were first presented at festivals as short films. This is one of the reasons why our first edition is focused on a "Short Film" format in it's various categories that you can find listed here.
We invite you to be part of this first edition and part of those who want to support new talent. Thank you for planting a good seed in Tijuana and in the film industry.
Porque todo tiene un principio...
Tijuana International Film Festival presenta este 2017 la primera edición de Tijuana Film & Food Festival para promover el nuevo talento de la industria del cine. Diseñamos este festival como una herramienta que ayude a los creadores a presentar sus propuestas a inversionistas interesados en el cine y por supuesto al público en general que ama disfrutar de las películas; tendremos conferencias, música en vivo, fiesta y creemos que nuestra auténtica gastronomía de la región Baja Med empata de manera natural con el cine por eso la hemos incluido.
Puedes participar concursando en las diferentes categorías y asistiendo al festival donde podrás disfrutar de todas las proyecciones de los concursantes en diferentes salas de cines (comerciales, culturales e independientes) de la ciudad de Tijuana, tambien tenemos programado talleres y conferencias así como una extraordinaria fiesta de inauguración con "cine al aire libre y cena maridaje" que nos compartirá uno de los Chef más reconocidos del Valle de Guadalupe con vino y cerveza artesanal de la región, cerraremos el festival con una ceremonia de premiación donde nos acompañarán talento nacional e internacional de la industria del cine para celebrar a los ganadores con una maravillosa fiesta.
Sabemos que muchos largometrajes exitosos primero fueron presentados en festivales como cortometrajes, esta es una de las razones por las cuales nuestra primera edición está enfocada en el formato "Short Films" en sus varias categorías que podrás encontrar en la convocatoria. Te invitamos a que seas parte de esta primera edición y parte de los que queremos apoyar a nuevos talentos, gracias por sembrar una buena semilla en el cine y en Tijuana.
Awards & Prizes
The TJFF Award:
Best Short Film (International) - $1,000 dlls in prizes to be used for a New Short Film Production
Best TJ Short (Local) - $1,000 dlls in prizes to be used for a New Short Film Production
Best Animated Film
Best Comedy Film
Best Culinary Film
Rules & Terms
**Please note that asking submission fees to be waived will not be considered**
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Films must not exceed 20 minutes and has not been shown online.
• The use of original music or royalty-free music is strongly recommended but not mandatory for Festival submissions. Please ensure that you have all necessary releases on file, including actors’ releases.
• Films submitted must be produced after January 1, 2015
• Processing fees are non-refundable.
• Applicant hereby grants Tijuana Film & Food Festival the rights to use all or part(s) of the film for promotional purposes; to use stills, biographical material, names and likeness from the film for promotional purposes and in Festival program and merchandise, to provide copies of the film for journalists to review, to show the film at press screenings and to exhibit the film during the Festival and at any time before and after the Festival.
• Tijuana Film & Food Festival will use its best efforts to ensure the correct title and credits are listed in the Festival program, but shall not be held liable for inadvertent errors or omissions.
• Festival programmers and judges shall determine selections and award winners at their sole discretion.
• Tijuana Film & Food Festival reserves the right to decide all questions not specifically provided for in the Terms and Conditions.
• If your Short Film is selected as a winner, it is mandatory that someone from the production attend the award ceremony to receive the prize, in case of not being able to attend, another Short Film will be selected as the winner.
• Tijuana Film & Food Festival reserves the rights to adjust dates and times of film screenings without notice. Tijuana Film & Food Festival shall not be responsible for delays or cancellations due to equipment failure, shipping delays, or the condition of the films delivered.
• Tijuana Film & Food Festival reserves the rights to use accepted films and footage for promotional use and/or screenings outside the main festival dates.
The person submitting the enclosed film to the Festival confirms that he/she holds all necessary rights for the submission and has the legal authority to grant such rights to Tijuana Film & Food Festival here under and that he/she has read and understands and agrees with the Festival Terms and Conditions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, submission of a film constitutes the agreement with the Festival Terms and Conditions.
In consideration of my application to the Tijuana Film & Food Festival, I for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby waive and forever discharge Tijuana Film & Food Festival and all affiliate companies, any related companies, their officers, directors and employees, Festival sponsors and suppliers, Festival sanctioning bodies and elected or appointed officials, all of their successors and assigns, of and from all claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of actions whether in law or equity, in respect of loss or damage to my person or property howsoever caused, arising or said to arise by reason of my participation in the said event. I further hereby undertake to hold and save harmless and agree to indemnify all of the aforesaid from and against any and all liability incurred by any or all of them arising as a result of, or in any way connected with my participation in the said event.
BY SUBMITTING MY FILM, I ACKNOWLEDGE HAVING UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO THE ABOVE WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY.