Toronto International Nollywood Film Festival (TINFF) invites you to come celebrate the true diversity that brings Hollywood/ Bollywood/ Nollywood and International films and filmmakers to the beautiful city of Toronto. TINFF’s objective is to be a leading film festival in Toronto that celebrates diversity in our beautiful city. TINFF’s main focus is to advance creative, independent film direction through diversity, innovation, and uniqueness by capturing the series of movements and experiences in a single film. We encourage music and filmmakers across the globe to build an audience for their projects and work to diversify the film industry.
The Toronto International Nollywood Film Festival (TINFF) is a year round award competition and live screening festival with an annual event in the beautiful city of Toronto. With this being our first years, each year in late October immediately after the Toronto International Film Festival TIFF, we will have our festival event and award night.
After Official Selected Films have been announced and notified, we will proceed to the next stage of the selection process, and subsequently, announce TINFF's Festival Finalists that will compete at the live festival event in Toronto. All Finalists will be announced on the TINFF's festival website and TINFF's Facebook page.
TINFF is a focus oriented music and film festival, with an awards night to recognize and encourage filmmakers by appreciating, promoting, challenge and develops an understanding of equality, social justice, non-discrimination, diversity, and multiculturalism.
Awards & Prizes
Awards & Prizes
Best Project and Audience Choice Award
InkTip publishing opportunity
Silverbird Film Distribution WA (Cinema Distribution Opportunity)
Filmone Distribution (Cinema Distribution Opportunity)
Evritfilms Distribution UK (Cinema Distribution Opportunity)
We award the best independent filmmakers after a comprehensive evaluation process. All official selection and finalist get LAURELS. Finalist will have an opportunity to contest again at a combination of audience and judges vote for a TROPHY at various categories and a DISTRIBUTION OFFER which is optional to you. Also, thanks to one of our sponsors, winners of the “Top Three Screenplays” will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents. Producers have made more than 315 films from scripts and writers they found through InkTip.
In addition, all entries are eligible for an award from the list below. A certificate suitable for mounting and display will be given to the winners of each category. Winners of our annual TINFF-Festival Gala will receive an engraved Toronto International Nollywood Film Festival (TINFF) Audience Favorite Trophy. The event will be held at the International Center, near the Pearson Toronto International Airport. Filmmakers will have access to festival Screenings, Red carpet Interviews, Awards Ceremony and Networking opportunities in Toronto, Canada.
Best Feature Film (Hollywood-USA)
Best Feature Film (Nollywod)
Best Feature Film (Bollywood)
Best Feature Film (International)
Best Feature Film (Canada)
Best Short Film
Best Music Video
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Web Series
Best Animated film
Best Student film
Best Visual Effects
Best Original Music Score
Best in Show
Best Art Director
Thanks to one of our sponsors, winners of the “Top Three Screenplays” will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents.
Screenplay under 30 pages
Screenplay under 60 pages
Screenplay under 120 pages
Rules & Terms
Rules & Regulations:
• The competition is open to films from Canada, Nollywood, Bollywood, USA-Hollywood, and International entries. Please check individual categories and submit suitable categories to your project.
• Feature films are 30 minutes in length or longer. Short films are under 30 minutes in length. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles.
• All Entries with or without distribution deal are welcome.
• Films previously entered into and screened at our festival are eligible for one additional re-entry in subsequent years.
• Entries must be submitted for pre-screening through our online submission platform. If you use a secured link, you are REQUIRED to keep us updated with passwords.
• Works in progress are accepted. We cannot promise that we will be able to watch re-edited submissions. Please only submit works in progress if submitting close to the final deadline.
• TINFF confirms that the festival has the permission to exhibit your film(s) during the festival and /or at any other Festival event. Submission of a work implies that the Festival can employ moving image excerpts and reproduce stills of exhibition promotion. Credit will be given to any filmmaker or screenwriter of such material is used in Festival promotion. The Original copyright holder retains all rights to their work.
• You may submit multiple entries but must pay an entry fee for each.
• If the movie has nudity or sex. The movie should have a strong story line; however, we are strictly not accepting any movies about porn, animal cruelty.
• To submit a Film for Festival consideration, Applicants must complete the registration process at the online submission platform and pay the required fee by the deadlines. Submissions must be postmarked or an online submitted via submission platform. Submitted DVDs must contain one version only of the Film, in the original language of production, with English subtitles if the original language is not English.
• DVDs must be labeled in the following manner: Title. Production company name, phone number, and address. Director’s name. Length in minutes and submission platform tracking number.
• Where the applicant chooses to forward a DVD instead of an online screener, the Applicant is responsible for ensuring that the submitted DVD screener plays in its entirety on an industry-standard DVD player. If TINFF is unable to view the DVD, TINFF is under no obligation, to contact the Applicant in order to obtain a replacement DVD.
• TINFF will not review multiple versions of a submitted Film. Only one version of the Film may be submitted. If multiple versions are submitted, TINFF will view only the version that was received first.
• Note! DVD screeners will not be returned.
• All Films must be sent by way of prepaid shipping. TINFF will not accept cash-on- delivery shipments or be responsible for duties, taxes or customs brokerage. Charges are to be billed to the sender. TINFF is not responsible for and will not accept shipments incurring expenses for terminal charges, duties, taxes or customs brokerage. Shipping and customs charges are to be billed to the sender. Any shipping charges incurred by TINFF will be billed back to the Applicant.