The African Film Festival (TAFF) celebrates films that either promote African culture; address issues affecting Africa; or explore African landmarks and historic leaders.
Awards & Prizes
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Emerging Filmmaker
Best Original Soundtrack
Best Indigenous Film
Rules & Terms
Submitted films must meet the following criteria:
Films that promote African culture
Films about African history, leaders, or landmarks
Films that address issues affecting Africa or Africans (religious, economic, political, health, immigration, social, etc)
Films that feature Africans in lead or supporting role
Films made by filmmakers of African descent
All film entries must be received by the late deadline of March 31st. If you waited last minute to enter, please upload electronic copy of your film through FilmFreeWay.
All photos and trailers provided by "submitter" may be used for any festival promotions.
All entrants certify that they have been given full rights to use any and all music in their films.
Jury Award winners will be selected by a panel of active film industry professionals. All films go through a screening process and are reviewed by at least two members of the selection committee.
Winners agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival as well as other promotional events, including the website.
Selected film entries will be notified by April 15th before the Festival. Awards will be announced on the final day of the Festival. One award or prize will be given to the individual designated on the official entry form as "submitter".
Filmmakers accepted and attending the festival are responsible for travel, lodging, and all other expenses.
All stated information, eligibility and submission guidelines, terms and conditions of entry, and entry information is subject to change by The African Film Festival, without notice.
MARKETING AND PUBLICITY:
If selected, filmmakers will provide the following materials no later than June 1st to TAFF:
• Digital images / film posters (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Press Kits, if available (email to email@example.com)
• A picture and short bio/filmography of the director (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
• DVD media screeners of the film or an electronic copy if available
FILM FORMATS AND SHIPMENT:
• Films must be submitted on DVD or Blu-ray for qualification. We can only accept REGION 1 or 0 (Region-free) DVDs.
• DVDs should not include labels or stickers of any kind: only laser printed artwork, if any, should be on the disc itself. Please write your Project Title and Contact number on the disc.
FESTIVAL SCREENING FORMAT:
The African Film Festival will only screen films in one of the following formats:
• DVD (Region 1 or 0)
• High Resolution electronic formats are acceptable
Ship your films to:
The African Film Festival (TAFF)
4475 TRINITY MILLS ROAD
Dallas, Texas 75370 USA