The 2017 Shortcut100 Film Festival is the 5th annual short film showcase by Nebula Creatives L3C dedicated to recognizing and honoring independent filmmakers around the world. By filmmakers for filmmakers, our goal is to promote the visions and voices of others in our community. Every year we showcase a diverse range of short films, promoting the best of independent cinema to our audiences. Always held in unique locations, featuring a red carpet reception, after party, and plenty of filmmakers in attendance, we strive to bring together passionate storytellers and those who appreciate their work. This year, we're proud to be collaborating with Women In Film Chicago, IFP Chicago, 2112 Inc., Scaffolding Magazine, and Chicago Screenwriters Network.
Are you a member of any of these organizations? You may be eligible to get a discount on submission and admission fees!
Awards & Prizes
This year for our 5th anniversary, in additional to our Audience Award, which receives a cash prize and a Shortcut 100 certificate, we are offering 3 additional awards: A Short Film Screenplay Award for the best submitted screenplay (up to 10 pages in length), an Asian American in Film Award for the best film by an Asian American filmmaker (directed, starring, produced or written by), and The Best Shot-In-Chicago Award for short films made in Chicago. These new awards will be chosen by our panel of judges and will each receive a cash prize along with a trophy.
Rules & Terms
For short film submissions in all categories:
• Filmmakers must submit their films to Shortcut 100 Film Festival as URL links (YouTube or Vimeo) online. Do not send your master tape or original.
• Deadline for submissions is July 1, 2017. Extended deadline is July 15, 2017.
• Submission of film constitutes your affirmation that it does not violate any copyright.
• Films must be 20 minutes or less. Films need to have been produced and/or completed between January 2015 and July 2017.
• The film(s) can be produced anywhere in the world.
• If selected, you must submit a bio and one or more high resolution production stills and/or promotional photos of key film participants. These files make it easier for Nebula Creatives to promote your film on the web, with media, and in the Festival program.
• The early submission fee is $20 per film, $30 for regular deadline, and $40 for extended deadline. The fee is non-refundable. Are you a member of any of the following partners? You may be eligible to get a discount on submission and admission fees!
• Once entered, films may not be withdrawn from participation at Shortcut 100. Once withdrawn, the film may not be resubmitted.
• Applicant hereby grants Shortcut 100 Film Festival the right to utilize up to 60 seconds of the film for promotional purposes, also to use stills, biographical material, names and likenesses from the film for promotional purposes and in the Festival program. Further to provide copies of the film for journalists to review, to show the film at press screenings, if any, and during the Festival.
• Shortcut 100 Film Festival will use its best efforts to ensure the correct title and credits are listed in the Festival Program, but shall not be held liable for inadvertent errors or omissions.
• Festival programmers and judges shall determine selections and together with the festival audience for the award winners, if any, at their sole discretion.
• Shortcut 100 Film Festival reserves the right to decide all questions not specifically provided for in the Terms and Conditions.
• Nebula Creatives reserves the right to adjust dates and times of film screenings without notice. Nebula Creatives shall not be responsible for delays or cancellations due to equipment failure, shipping problems, or films damaged in transit.
• Any work produced or submitted by festival personnel or staff involved in organizing any aspects of the festival will not be accepted.
For short screenplay submissions, rules and terms to be announced.