“Digital democratization”, drop in the price of technique and increase of its availability enable the young creators, who have not yet won recognition, to articulate themselves, their activities, views, standpoints, criticism etc. through modern media - video, film, internet...
Luksuz film festival wants to show short and low budget production of domestic and foreign authorial, alternative, activists’ films and videos, which are made by young authors.
Especially welcome are:
- films with social critic meaning
- films which have the subject society and culture
- films which show youth culture
- films with the subject of cultural diversity
1. Short documentary
2. Short animation (all kinds)
3. Kids section (short documentaries, short fictions and short animations made by youngsters up to 18 years old).
The festival will be held in Mladinski center Krško, Cesta krških žrtev 105, Krško, Slovenia.
Rules & Terms
1. The duration for documentaries is up to 20 minutes, animation should not be longer than 10 minutes due to the limited projection time. The number of entries by author is not limited.
2. Kids films can also be fiction, animation or documentary. Kids films section is meant for films made by kids from 10 to 18 years. There will be two categories in this section. One being films from authors aged 10 to 15 years, and other being films from authors aged 15 to 18 years.
2. The languages of the Luksuz Film Festival are English, Serbo-croatian and Slovenian (being preferable to send copy with English subtitles). Films of any other language should be obligatory subtitled in English.
3. Films may be sent via link for download (.mov, .avi, mp4). Please make sure to submit an HD version of your film. We do accept DVDs, but we prefer the first option.
4. Only films completed in 2014 and 2015 are eligible.
5. There is no entry fee.
6. DZMP is not able to send DVDs back to the submitters. Each film submitted will be included in the festival’s archives, for the internal use only.
7. Deadline for submissions is September 25th, 2015.
8. DZMP is not able to pay any rental or screening fee.
9. Each film will be previewed by the preview jury, which will select the films to be shown at the Luksuz Film Festival.
10. Before the festival all submitters of the selected films will be informed via e-mail about the selection for the Luksuz Film Festival.
12. All submitters of the selected films should provide an HD digital file of their film suitable for screening (.mov, .avi, .mp4) or DVD before October 31th.
11. Films selected for the Luksuz Film Festival 2015 will be (with author’s agreement) taken into consideration for alternative microcinema distribution in the network of Youth and Film clubs.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR FILM?
1. Films may be sent via link for download (.mov, .avi., mp4) through different file sharing sites (Dropbox, WeTransfer…). Please make sure to submit an HD version of your film. We do accept DVD format, but is preferable the first option. These copies will be used for preview and screening.
2. Each film must be sent along with the following enclosures :
- Filled and signed entry form sent as attachment in the same mail as the link with your film/s.