For its fifth edition, FICMO (Festival international du court métrage en Outaouais) will celebrate fifty of the world’s best short films during public screenings to be held in Gatineau, Québec. Cash prizes will be awarded to the best animation, documentary, fiction and regional short films. Networking events, conferences and workshops for directors, actors and industry professionals will also be part of the three day programming.
Awards & Prizes
- Best Animation
- Best Fiction
- Best Documentary
- "L'effet court" – Best Regional short film.
Rules & Terms
- Films must have been completed after January 1st 2016.
- Films originally produced in a different language than English or French must be subtitled in either English or French.
- Maximum running time is 20 minutes (including end credits).
- Juries’ decisions are final.
- Prizes will be awarded to the Director or designated representative.
- Producers of selected films will have to send a DCP (Digital Cinema Package) on a physical support such as a USB key or hard drive prior to public screening.
Note : Producers of selected films will have to pay for the outgoing shipping fees and clearly print on the package "FILM FOR FESTIVAL - NO COMMERCIAL VALUE - FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY". The festival will cover the expenses involved to ship back the parcel after the event.