Lisbon suddenly became an European Mecca for all kinds of artistic and cultural ventures. But although Lisbon’s cosmopolitan culture is booming some say that a small town intimate feeling is still in place when walking through quarters like Alfama.
An artist, impressed by Lisbon’s cultural renaissance, said:
“It’s like a village, but our clients are from all over the world!”
From this intimate yet international city comes CinAlfama Lisbon International Film Festival. Fully open to diversity. Open to all genres, lengths and subjects.
The Cinalfama Awards are bestowed every two months in the live Cinalfama Sessions, where the winners will be announced and the best Feature Film and best Short Film categories will be screened.
The first and memorable sessions were in September and November 2016! Check them out:
(festival youtube channel with clips from the night and media coverage footage)
The latest edition was like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuR56fM1DxE
The festival juri is composed by experienced professionals that can also give you a professional and critical feedback on your work that will be made public in our site and social media. You can submit the review request separately or along with the film entry.
The City in Film Award
This event stemmed from a famous cineclub sessions in Lisbon. To reflect on the ever changing identity of the city has always been a main focus of its producer “A Cidade e as Cenas”. More relevant than ever the subject of urban identity and the portrayal of the city in film will be subject for a specific annual award: "The City in Film" award.
You can submit your film to this specific annual category. All info about this particular prize: http://www.cinalfama.com/?page_id=1482
Awards & Prizes
A list of 8 prizes are awarded every two months and announced live in the Cinalfama Awards Sessions where the winners in the "Best Feature" and "Best Short" categories will be screened live. All the bimonthly winners will also compete in the annual awards awarded live in the Lisbon main event in September 2017.
• Best Feature Film
• Best Short Feature
• Best Documentary
• Best Music (Score or Song)
• Best Directing
• Best Acting (female or male)
• Best Screenplay
• Best Debut Film
• Honorable Mentions
There are two awards given annually
• “City in Film Award” - best film around the theme
• Public's Choice Award - voted by the public in the annual award ceremony
The official selection is composed of the nominated films - a maximum of 4 in each category in every edition.
Both nominated and awarded films promotional material will be viewable in our site www.cinalfama.com and our social media pages. If the submitter willingly allows it can be integrally displayed.
The participants will not get feedback unless they submit their entry with a review request.
The selected and awarded films can download their laurels at the festival site.
All the films awarded "Best Feature Film" and "Best Short Film" in the bimonthly editions will be publicly screened in Lisbon in September 2017, with media coverage.
The films awarded in the Lisbon annual ceremony will receive a trophy.
Rules & Terms
- The entrant/submitter/moviemaker hereby certifies that he possesses the right(s) and all of the proper clearances to submit the movie, including, but not limited to image rights, talent releases, soundtrack and/or source music releases; and assumes all responsibility for their material. The CINALFAMA AWARDS accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, for any movie submitted to the festival.
- Every entry/submission will be judged based on its directing, acting, technical, and artistic merits, as related to the submission. All decisions made by the judge(s) are considered final and incontestable. We reserve the right not to give all of the possible awards if we don’t receive enough entries in a particular category or if none of the submissions meet our high judging standards. If we deem it appropriate, additional categories of awards may be presented as well.
- The Cinalfama Awards only accept online screeners. Please submit them via online platforms. We do not accept discs or any downloadable files.
Entry fees are nonrefundable.
- Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category. Any entry will be considered eligible in the next edition only if the film was not awarded in the previous edition.
- Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
- We accept every kind of film released after 2010.
- Selected nominated films will be made public and notified and winners will be promoted in a clip on the live screening Cinalfama Sessions.
- We consider short films to be up to 50 minutes and feature films to be 50 minutes or more.
- The selected, nominated and awarded movies promotional material will be announced and viewable in our site (http://www.cinalfama.com) and in our social media pages. If the submitter willingly allows it can be integrally displayed.
- The participants will not get feedback unless they submit their entry with a review request. The selected and awarded films can download their laurels at the festival site
- The films awarded in the Lisbon yearly ceremony will receive a trophy.
- A list of 8 prizes are awarded every two months and announced live in the Cinalfama Awards Sessions where the winners in the “Best Feature” and “Best Short” categories will be screened live. All the bimonthly winners will also compete in the Annual Awards awarded live in the Lisbon main event in September 2017.
- The nominated and winner rightful owners of the rights, in each category and every edition, hereby authorize the film’s live screening in the Cinalfama Sessions. This authorization is an indispensable condition for the inclusion in the festival’s official selection.
- There can be, if the jury by its own quality so decides, two winners ex aequo in any of the categories.
- The official selection is composed by the nominated films, a maximum of four in each category in every edition, plus the honorable mentions.
- These are the categories for the monthly and yearly awards nominees:
BEST FEATURE FILM
BEST SHORT FILM
BEST MUSIC (Score or Song)
For this specific award only the entries who meet the following criteria are considered:
a) Having entered the credit information concerning the work’s authorship.
b) Musical works that have been produced or composed expressly for the film.
c) Music used with author permission.
d) Music used from public domain
BEST ACTING (Female or Male)
BEST DEBUT FILM
Two awards will be given annually:
“City in Film Award” – best film around the theme
Public’s Choice Award – voted by the public in the Lisbon annual award ceremony