World Documentary Awards is the sister festival of the World Film Awards. By establishing this festival, we hope to exhibit the winning international documentary films to the Indonesian and international audience, bolster filmmakers’ assurance to give their best for the film industry, and prevail the film industry internationally.
The festival is opened for professionals and newcomers in the industry globally. Various languages with English subtitles or dubbing are welcome.
Truth well captured in an excellent cinematic motion is an art documentary filmmakers struggle to achieve. The Festival greets all documentary filmmakers to show their talents and passions through their films. We are looking for intelligent, well-produced, smartly edited documentary films from any type of true-life films that engage in interesting story telling, and could be mixed with dramatic situation. Documentary filmmakers have a series of categories entries to enter to, and to widen their chances to win, they are offered with the cost-effective Package-of-Five.
The World Film Awards group is partnering with the largest movie theater chain in Indonesia, international culture centers, and several private institutions and organizations. We will conduct prestigious awards day, press conference, workshops, and screenings that will be attended by international filmmakers, mass media, mass media, government bodies, and celebrities. All winners and accepted filmmakers and members are welcomed at these events and we will acknowledge attending filmmakers with specific physical awards.
Awards & Prizes
Statue, trophies, medallions, and certificates.
Juries will choose overall winner and awards Platinum Awards, Golden Awards, and Awards of Merit.
The festival will present the awards during the Awards Day in Indonesia. Other awards might be available but only depends on the sponsorship.
Rules & Terms
Please read all rules and regulations below carefully before submitting your project. This agreement pertains to all work/s submitted to the World Documentary Awards (the Festival).
By submitting your film/s or screenplay to the World Documentary Awards (the Festival), you are agreeing to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter acknowledges that he or she has obtained all necessary rights and authorizations from other individuals and third parties as necessary before submitting the film/s or screenplay to the Festival.
2. A) If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length, and director's name. Please mark your envelope and shipping documents with " Not for commercial use - For Cultural Purposes Only".
B) All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
C) All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance), plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants. The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
3. Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 2A through courier/post/professional transfer service. We do not accept data for final judging and screening. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
4. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals.
5. Student submitter should be able to show his/her valid Student ID upon request by the Festival. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification, and the Festival have no obligation to refund the submission fee under these circumstances.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and their winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
10. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
11. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
12. The Festival Management may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
13. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
14. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
15. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
16. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
17. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
18. Films could be from any year.
19. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
20. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
21. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the Festival shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid, or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our the World Documentary Awards, submitter/filmmaker agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival. Submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that he or she has read, understood, agreed with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification, and that he or she is 18 years of age or older and mentally competent to submit this application.