A film festival run by filmmakers for filmmakers and movie fans in one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland, Wexford Town.
Now entering our 2nd year, the Wexford Film Festival invites submissions from filmmakers all over the world and in every genre. We're all about story and visual storytelling, our festival will select the films that tell the best stories and connect with the audience the best.
We'll be hosting several panels and workshops for filmmakers and we hope to have world class writers and directors in attendance. Directors of all films selected will be invited to participate in a Q&A after their screening and to be on a number of panels during the festival weekend.
Ireland is a great place to not just make films but to party after a festival and we will be hosting a number of festival parties like our opening night party and our awards night shindig.
Come along to one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland, where Saving Private Ryan and Brooklyn were filmed and don't forget to bring your movie with you!
Awards & Prizes
We think it is very important to recognise great work, just being selected for our festival will be the mark of a great film but there is always a film or two that stands out from the crowd and we want to help shine a light on those films.
Best screenplay award is sponsored by FINAL DRAFT who will provide the winner with a free copy of Final Draft 10.
Other Prizes sponsored by InkTip:
InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers. Producers have made more than 315 films from scripts and writers they found through InkTip.
Winners of the Best Film and Best short film awards will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents.
We will be giving awards in the following categories:
Best Short Film
We will also being running a Screenplay competition.
All award winners will be presented with a specially designed award trophy of the highest quality.
Rules & Terms
Wexford Film Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from Wexford Film Festival.
1. Entries must be submitted by the date of the Final Deadline.(i.e. Submission for Regular Deadline Submissions should be submitted by July 16th, 2017)
2. Entrants must submit an ONLINE digital version of their film for viewing consideration. NO DVD's, Blu-Rays or Computer Files will be accepted.
3. Entry forms and payment will not be processed without an accompanying digital ONLINE Preview Copy in the accepted format. Tell us everything you can about your film and why you are submitting it but at this stage we do not require a press pack.
4. All entries must be in English or subtitled, unless special arrangements have been made with the festival.
5. Please attach/write FilmFreeway Tracking ID on submission materials for tracking purposes.
6. There is no exceptions to the festival regulations & fee waivers are not available.
7. By submitting, the filmmaker agrees to let the festival use excerpts from their screeners for use in Wexford Film Festival 2017 trailers, publicity and promotions.
8. Wexford Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it has all pertinent legal clearances and is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. Furthermore, once a film is submitted, approval is granted for festival screening whether it is accepted in other film festivals or not. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Wexford Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos screened or entered.
9. The decision of the festival Co-Directors will be final in all matters.