**SUBMISSIONS FOR COMPETITION CATEGORIES ARE NOW CLOSED, SUBMISSIONS TO COMPETITION CATEGORIES WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THEIR OFFICIAL SELECTION STATUS ON JUNE 23, 2017. FIRST LOOK SUBMISSIONS REMAIN OPEN!***
Webfest Berlin is the first international festival in Germany dedicated to presenting, recognizing and advancing short form digital series from around the world. The third edition of Webfest Berlin will take place on September 8 & 9, 2017.
The Webfest Berlin 2017 theme is #WFBSTRATEGY. This year, in addition to discovering the very best digital series in the world, creators, distributors, broadcasters, and VOD Platforms alike, will learn the newest strategies for marketing, selling, writing, and producing short form digital content. Whether you are starting from zero or ready to hit the market, there is a strategy involved. Learn how to make the very most of your ideas and your work at Webfest Berlin 2017.
Over 2 days, attendees gain exposure to some of the most innovative story-telling techniques, market trends, and newest production technologies. Webfest Berlin provides a warm and genuine atmosphere which puts industry experts, talented creators, producers, and buyers all on the same playing field. Attendees leave our magical city inspired, educated, and full of new friends, collaborators, and potential clients. The festivities culminate in the announcement of the winners of the 2017 Webfest Berlin Awards at the Awards Ceremony on Saturday, September 9.
Join us in 2017 and find your #WFBSTRATEGY to #BEWHATSNEXT!
As in 2016, EVERY WEBFEST BERLIN SUBMISSION (INCLUDING FIRST LOOK CATEGORY) WILL RECEIVE A BASIC LISTING IN THE WEBFEST BERLIN CATALOG. FIND OUT MORE HERE: http://www.webfest.berlin/catalog/
Find out more about the opportunities that Webfest Berlin offers at www.webfest.berlin
If you are using a location specific discount code which does not match the project's country of origin, the submission will be disqualified and will not receive a refund.
Awards & Prizes
Grand Prize Winner
Best German Series
What's Next Awards
Winners of the What's Next Awards will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents. Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more. Producers have made more than 315 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip.
Rules & Terms
- Submissions are accepted through FilmFreeway only.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Applicant can submit more than one series to the festival.
- Each submission requires an entry fee.
- Content submitter must be 18 years of age or older.
- Submissions must be the intellectual property of the submitter, and/or their team. No proxy submissions.
- All series are eligible to submit regardless of production date.
- Submission must have at least TWO (2) produced online episodes available to view at time of entry - EXCEPT FOR PILOT AND FIRST LOOK CATEGORY SUBMISSIONS
- Episodes cannot exceed 20 minutes in length. Series with individual episodes exceeding 20 minutes in length are welcome to submit a shortened version(s) of an episode(s) for the purpose of entering into the festival.
- Please choose the genre that best represents your series even if your series can be classified under more than one category.
- Duplicate submissions under a different category are allowed, but a separate submission form and payment must be made.
- Previous Webfest Berlin Official Selections must submit a minimum of 2 episodes from a new season of the project to be eligible for consideration.
- Entries that are not in English must be dubbed in English or have English subtitles.
- By submitting to Webfest Berlin, you confirm that you hold the rights to (or are authorized to use) any and all audio and video in your web series.
- Webfest Berlin will not be held responsible for any claims stemming from the failure of the creator/submitter to properly obtain the rights to material submit and/or screened.
- All Decisions made by Webfest Berlin are final.
- All federal and state laws apply.
- By participating in the Webfest Berlin, each participant agrees to hold Webfest berlin and its employees, directors and representatives harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the event or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
- You grant Webfest Berlin the right to use the name, logo and content of your web series for awards presentations, highlight reels, and promotional material.
- Webfest Berlin reserves the right to amend guidelines, selection criteria, awards, screening, and activities if necessary.