Warsaw Jewish Film Festival (WJFF.pl) is the first ever and the largest Jewish Film Festival in Poland and eastern Europe. Established in 2003 has 14 years experience of sourcing the best international movies and debuts with Jewish theme. Movies which are dedicated to explore Jewish culture, history, Holocaust and contemporary life of Jewish communities from around the globe.
Our goal is to give Jewish and non-Jewish movie-goers the opportunity to get acquainted with different perspectives of Jewish issue reflected on the screen. Since the first edition in 2003 we showed our audience more than 600 movies from 30 countries!
Warsaw Jewish Film Festival (WJFF.pl) loves to promote filmmakers working with Jewish themes. Our festival has an international competition with the CAMERA of DAVID Awards. Our team selected and awarded dozens of movies which later won OSCARS & awards at the biggest world-famous festivals!
We are non-profit organization that promotes appreciation and pride in the diversity of the Jewish people. The submission fees are helping us to promote selected movies and their authors.
You can see our photo gallery from last year here:
Awards & Prizes
FILM COMPETITION GENERAL RULES:
1. Only films with Jewish content or Jewish characters will be considered for the festival's competition. Films should be produced in 2016 and 2017. Suitable films on Jewish themes may includes: culture, Holocaust, history, spirituality, biography, perspectives of contemporary life of Jews from all over the world: Europe, USA, Israel, etc.
2. Suitable category of films: narrative feature, documentary feature, animated feature, narrative short, documentary short, animated short. Films which had previous screenings on any other Jewish Festival in Warsaw will be not accepted for Warsaw Jewish Film Festival (WJFF.pl).
3. The submission regular deadline is September 30, 2017.
4. The Official Selection will be announced on October 25, 2017 on the festival website
www.wjff.pl/en. (The date of official announcement can be changed and can be extended till November 10, 2017. The new date of official notification will be announced on the festiwal website before October 25, 2017).
4. THE DAVID CAMERA AWARDS will be presented during the Award Ceremony the last day of festival screenings. The JURY VERDICT will be announced after the Award Ceremony on festival website.
5. WJFF.pl presents CAMERA of DAVID Awards in the following categories:
Best Film of Festival - Grand Prix
Best Narrative Feature / Animation Feature
Best Documentary Feature
Best Narrative / Animation Short
Best Documentary Short
And subcategories for narratives:
Best Music & Sound
Rules & Terms
FILM SUBMISION GENERAL RULES:
1. Suitable category of movies:
- Films with the running time up to about 40 minutes:
narrative short/ documentary short / animated short
- Films with the running time longer than 40 minutes:
narrative feature / documentary feature / animated feature
2. Films should be produced in 2016 and 2017.
3. Films which had previous screenings on any other Jewish film festival in Warsaw will be not accepted for the Warsaw Jewish Film Festival (WJFF.pl).
4. Films that have screened on PL network or cable television prior to the festival dates are ineligible for competition but may be considered for a special screening.
5. Films must be submitted as online screeners to one of the festival online platforms (here: Filmfreeway.com).
6. Films including dialogues in languages other than English must provide English subtitles.
7. By submitting the movie you agree to the terms of participation in the competition and criteria for the film selection process for Warsaw Jewish Film Festival.
8. The submission fees are helping our non-profit organization to promote the selected film screenings.
9. Once an entry payment has been processed we can not provide a refund.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note that if you are unable to provide online screener you can send us DVD PAL format, but the DVD will be accepted only if the title was as well register on one of our online platforms.
Our mailing address:
FUNDACJA KAMERA DAWIDA WJFF.pl
The Camera of David Foundation WJFF.pl
ul. NOWOGRODZKA 31
00-511 WARSAW, POLAND
Thank you for submitting the movie to WARSAW JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL!