TFSFF is a short film festival established by the TriForce Creative Network in 2012 to showcase talent in contemporary film-making, helping emerging film-makers to develop skills and access opportunities to further their careers. With a focus on recognising and supporting diverse talent, the festival brings together film-makers with the movers and shakers in the industry, enabling emerging artists to break into the mainstream. 16 shortlisted films get the chance to be seen on the big screen, in front of key industry representatives, with the winning film-makers earning career placements with top production companies, as well as a cash prize for their next project. The TFSFF takes place at BAFTA, presenting a packed day of seminars tackling the key issues of the industry and offering invaluable advice from industry professionals, alongside a bustling industry expo and screenings of the shortlisted films. Concluding with a red carpet gala evening attended by stars of stage and screen, the TFSFF is the place to see untapped and diverse talent, showcasing innovative story-telling and visually stunning short films.
The TriForce Short Film Festival strives to:
Explore the purpose of short film in a rapidly changing industry, engaging in debate and offering solutions
Support and mentor emerging and established film-makers from all backgrounds, offering an opportunity to connect with the wider, mainstream industry
Engage and support those looking to enter the industry in a range of roles behind the camera
Work in partnership with the industry to offer tangible, career focussed outcomes to participants
Engage a wider audience for short film and short form online content through industry partnerships
Awards & Prizes
Best of the Fest Award - Supported by Stefan Allesch-Taylor CBE
The Best of the Fest winning team will win a £1000 cash prize as well as the chance to pitch to Stefan Allesch-Taylor CBE for funding and mentoring for their next short film.
Best Non-Scripted Award - Supported by Shiver
The Best Non Scripted team will win a £500 cash prize, as well as the opportunity to meet with the MD of Shiver following the festival for advice and career guidance. http://www.shiver.tv/
Audience Choice Award - Supported by Mandy.com
The Audience Choice winning team will win a £250 cash prize. a free year’s membership to Mandy.Com and mentoring from the Mandy.com team. https://www.mandy.com/
The Williams-Byrne Bursary - Supported by New Wonder Management
The Williams-Bryne Bursary will award a cash prize of £1000 to a filmmaker showing exceptional promise.
HitFilm are offering 6 licences of HitFilm Pro 2017 for our Best of the Fest, Audience Choice and Non-Scripted Award winning teams. (6 activations per team), worth £308.00 per package. The editing and VFX software contains everything you need to create huge scale movies on an indie budget. https://hitfilm.com/
Indie Film Hustle are offering a free 30 day membership for 4 winners for all Indie Film Hustle courses. https://indiefilmhustle.com/
Rules & Terms
By submitting your film to TFSFF and the TCN, you agree to all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published on the site by the TCN. If you do not agree to any such terms, conditions, rules, policies or procedures, do not submit.
• Films of up to 20 minutes (including credits) will be considered.
• We accept films from every genre including (but not limited to) drama, comedy, horror & sci-fi, documentary, experimental, marketing material, animation, music, viral and low-budget work.
• Films must have been completed after June 2015.
• Submission must be completed by 15th September 2017.
• Films in languages other than English are welcome, but must be subtitled in English.
• A maximum of 2 films can be submitted per person.
• A full list of credits must be included.
• The filmmaker(s) must be over 18 years old by December 2017.
• If format is password protected, please clearly state password and ensure any deadline on password is post 3 December 2017.
• The filmmaker(s) owns and retains full copyright and all original material.
• The filmmaker(s) must secure all copyright clearances where applicable and TFSFF will not hold responsibility for any copyright infringement.
• The film must not be exclusive to any other festival or broadcaster.
• TFSFF does not require any premiere status but any previous broadcast, festival inclusion and screenings must be listed.
• All decisions on selected films are final.
• TCN will notify if shortlisted by 30th November 2017.
• Submitting your film grants TFSFF permission to:
o Use up to 2 minutes of footage from any successful film as part of festival promotion, this also includes up to 3 still images that are selected by the filmmaker
o List the film on our websites (up to 2 minutes of footage and up to 3 images)
o Provide an image and clip for press use c/o Premier PR
o Use a clip from your film in press screener (provided on a confidential basis to press prior to the festival)
• TriForce Short Film Festival select 16 films to be screened at the festival.
• Should your film be selected, you will be required to provide a Quicktime ProRes file or a DCP of your film.
• We cannot return DVDs/USBs/DCP’s or any other format
• Filmmaker(s) are responsible for delivery and cost of delivery of film to TCN
• Shortlisted filmmaker(s) will be offered 2 complimentary tickets to the Press Launch of the festival in November 2017 (date tbc).
• Shortlisted filmmaker(s) will be offered 2 complimentary tickets to attend the DAY EVENT of TriForce Short Film Festival on Saturday 2nd December 2017 at BAFTA. Any additional tickets can be requested but may be required to purchase.
• 4 of the 16 shortlisted films are selected as finalists and shown at the evening gala event.
• Finalists agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival as well as other promotional events, including the TCN and TFSFF websites and social media platforms. The determination of the winners is final.
• The finalist filmmaker(s) will be offered 2 complimentary tickets for the day of the festival AND the evening gala event. Any additional tickets are to be purchased.
• All stated information, eligibility and submission guidelines, terms and conditions of entry, and entry information is subject to change by the TCN, without notice.
• Early bird deadline 31st May 2017 - $25 USD
• Regular deadline 1st June – 15th September - $35 USD
• Microshorts (under 5 minutes) - Free (all deadlines)