Translations: Seattle Transgender Film Festival is a groundbreaking film festival that provides the Pacific Northwest with a venue for films by, for, and about transgender people and the issues facing the transgender community. Launched in 2006, Translations is one of only a few transgender film festivals in the world, and places emphasis on visibility and positive representations.
Translations is produced by Three Dollar Bill Cinema, an organization that strengthens, connects, and reflects diverse communities through queer film and media.
We recognize that the term transgender is an umbrella term that fits many different types of people, as well as not fitting some people at all. We strive to provide a place for the exploration of transgender identities and issues through cinema, as the community continues to evolve with time.
Translations is an event over two consecutive weekends that includes programs such as presentations, clip shows, discussions, premieres, and archival films.
Awards & Prizes
Audience awards are given for Best Narrative Feature, Best Documentary, and Best Short Film.
Rules & Terms
1. Preview screeners can be online or in the DVD formats specified.
2. If your work is accepted, we require your exhibition copy to be postmarked on or before April 24, 2017. We will return your exhibition copy (if not being forwarded to another destination) by May 31, 2017.
3. Shipment of materials to the festival must be paid by the applicant. Return shipment of exhibition materials will be paid by the festival. Any additional fees associated with shipping must be paid by the recipient.
4. Three Dollar Bill Cinema accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries or exhibition copies during shipment to or from the festival.
5. Once a film is submitted, it may not be withdrawn.