ABOUT THE TORONTO MOTORCYCLE FILM FESTIVAL
The Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival combines a passion for motorcycles and storytelling. The festival screens documentary and narrative films from around the world that feature motorcycles and motorcycle culture. The festival spans two days and four screenings with an opportunity to grow the schedule if needed. As such we have space for a variety of films, both short and long. The festival is open to submissions from any country.
HERE'S WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU
By submitting your film, we promise to watch it fully and give it a fair chance for inclusion in the festival. If your film is selected for screening at the Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival, here’s what you can expect from us:
- Screening of your film in a theatre with high quality video and audio. More information on the venue can be found online at our website torontomotofilmfest.com
- Extensive promotion of your film via our website, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube channel as well as printed media.
- We will undertake a marketing campaign to garner press coverage of our festival and your film.
- If you’re in Toronto during the festival, there may be an opportunity to participate in Q&A or meet and greet sessions with the audience and attend the opening night party.
- We will treat you like a member of our extended family; with care and respect.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your submission.
-- The Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival team.
Awards & Prizes
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Best Short Film
- Best Feature Film
- People’s Choice
We may expand the prizes to split out narrative, documentary and experimental films depending not the number of submissions received.
When you submit your film, you will choose which category you wish to classify it under. Award titles and prizes are subject to change. You are responsible for any fees associated with shipping and handling of the awards and prizes to you.
Rules & Terms
1. Films must feature motorcycles or motorcycle culture as a key component or theme.
2. Films must be in English or contain English subtitles.
3. Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway or via direct link from Vimeo or YouTube.
4. You certify that you hold all necessary rights to this film and that you cleared all rights and licenses, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, royalty and credits, before submitting it to the Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival. You agree to indemnify Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival in the event that such rights have not been properly transferred. You also certify that this film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
5. You will not hold Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival harmless for damage to, or loss of any or all materials en route to, from or otherwise at the festival and assume all legal responsibilities therein.
6. Submissions are reviewed by the Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival programming team. The applicants whose film(s) have been selected for inclusion in the film festival will be notified by August 4, 2017 via email.
7. If your film is selected, you authorize Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival to screen your film and will provide an exhibition copy in a required format. You also grant the Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival permission to use stills and excerpts from your film for promotional purposes.
8. Submissions may not be withdrawn once they have been accepted and you have confirmed, except at the discretion of the Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival.
Award winners will be selected by a panel of judges chosen by the Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival.