o-region in association with the School of Film & Television at Falmouth University and WTW Cinemas present:
ROUGHCUT 51 Second Film Challenge
Following the success of the 90 SECOND FILM CHALLENGE and last year’s hugely successful 50 SECOND FILM CHALLENGE, Truro based production company o-region have once again teamed up with Falmouth University’s School of Film and Television and WTW Cinemas to launch an exciting filmmaking competition: THE ROUGHCUT 51 SECOND FILM CHALLENGE.
The rules of the competition are simple; make a film no longer than the designated length (51 seconds, including credits). The film can be any style or genre as long as it fits the BBFC’s classification for a 12A audience (http://www.bbfc.co.uk/what-classification/12a-and-12) and relates in some way to the chosen theme - 1967 / The Summer Of Love.
PLEASE NOTE WE ONLY ACCEPT ONLINE SCREENERS (PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR LINK IS DOWNLOADABLE)
Free entry for Filmmakers based in Cornwall.
The final deadline for competition entries is Thursday 13th April
Awards & Prizes
• BEST FILM - £500 and trophy - to be selected by the judging panel
• SILVER RUNNER UP - £350 - to be selected by the judging panel
• BRONZE RUNNER UP - £150 - to be selected by the judging panel
• BEST YOUNG PERSONS FILM (under 18s) - £250 - to be selected by the judging panel
• AUDIENCE AWARD - £250 and trophy – a public vote on the night of the screening
• Bonus Prizes to be handed out on the night
Rules & Terms
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Films must be no longer than 51 seconds including credits
• All genres accepted (including animation & documentary)
• Films must be suitable for 12A rating - http://www.bbfc.co.uk/what-classification/12a-and-12
• Filmmaker must take responsibility of the use of copyrighted materials
• Films can only be accepted online via FilmFreeway
• PLEASE NOTE WE ONLY ACCEPT ONLINE SCREENERS
• All films entered MUST be a downloadable link at the time of entry
• The organisers reserve the right not to screen any film if the material is deemed offensive or unsuitable
• You must be 12 or over to enter
• Free entry for Filmmakers based in Cornwall - filmmaker must have a valid Cornwall based postcode to be eligible.
• The organisers reserve the right to shortlist and programme the final event – (this could mean that entered films might not be chosen for inclusion in the final screening event). NB: Filmmakers will be informed in advance of the screening.
• Each film selected for screening will be eligible for 1x complimentary ticket to the 51 Second Film Challenge Screening (May 4th)