12th Tasveer South Asian Film Festival (TSAFF) is a 10-day festival of thought-provoking meaningful films & forums on South Asia and its diaspora, to engage its viewers to dialogue openly on the issues of human right and social/political/economic injustice. The festival takes place from October 6th-15th, 2017, over 10 days, in 5 cities (Seattle, Bellevue, Bothell, Redmond & Renton) with more than 60 films and 3000 festival attendees. It is the largest South Asian film festival in the USA.
Founded as a grassroots art organization, TSAFF provides a platform for South Asian voice through films, workshops, monologues, talks and panel discussions. The festival aims to initiate a dialog that bridges ideas, individuals, and communities by creating a deeper understanding of self in relation to the society. We employ films as a powerful tool to highlight marginalized communities, clarify misconceptions, and broaden perspectives, and thereby leading to happier and healthier communities.
Awards & Prizes
-Tasveer Emerald Award (Recognition for contributing to South Asian Cinema)
-Best Audience Award (3 Awards Narrative feature film, Documentary, and Short film)
- Best Jury Award
Rules & Terms
Tasveer invites submission of films on themes related to South Asia and its Diaspora. Shorts, experimental films, documentaries, and narratives of any length will be accepted in any digital formats.
The 10-day South Asian film festival, the largest in the US, will foster an atmosphere of creative inquiry, filmmakers and audiences will engage in lively discussions, forums, and other collaborative interactive formats.
South Asia includes: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and its various Diasporas across the world.
-- All works must be related to South Asia and/or its Diaspora. This includes films made by filmmakers of South Asian origin as well as those by non-South Asian filmmakers that focus on a South Asian theme.
-- All work MUST be a Seattle premiere.
-- All works must have been released in 2015 and after.
Exceptions could be discussed via email to Rita Meher firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Fill out the application below completely.
2. Send a preview copy of your film via an online link. The link must be non- expiring
WhatsApp: Rita Meher/ +1-206-349-4478
3. Pay the Entry Fee.
The festival director and selection committee will make the programming decisions. If accepted, we will notify filmmakers via email by the dates listed on the form.
IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED
1. We do not pay rental fee for the programmed work. Please let us know whether your film is being acquired by a distributor.
2. We do not provide airfare & stay for a crew or cast member of "every film and filmmakers those are selected for the Film Festival. Selection is based on our discretion.
Upon being selected, we will ask you to send the following:
1. Film stills,
2. Director's photo,
3. Electronic Press Kit,
4. Exhibition format of the film. You will be responsible to pay for one-way shipping if it is being mailed.
5. Online link for press preview
6. The exhibition format should arrive at the notified address 2 weeks prior to the start of the festival.