The Indie Vision Project’s Screenwriting & Directing Competition
“A Competition Like No Other...It Gets Your Project MADE!”
Kicking open the doors of the film industry for new talent and shining the spotlight on talent that would otherwise never have a voice in the industry.
TIVP Screenwriting & Directing Competition brings you the experience of 100+ successful industry professionals, highlighting the visionary creativity of filmmakers in a truly spectacular fashion.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Submit a script with a MAXIMUM of 120 pages (ALL GENRES ACCEPTED)
- Include STANDARD Cover Page with all contact information (Name, Address, Email & Phone Number)
- Scripts must be submitted in English as a PDF, Final Draft, Word, or Google Docs Document.
- Scripts are reviewed and evaluated based on the quality of the storyline, development of the characters & their arcs.
- Submit a short film that must be UNDER 20 minutes in length, including credits.
- Films may be submitted by digital link from YouTube or Vimeo. If private, include Password & Login Information.
- All Non-English films must have subtitles.
- All submissions will be evaluated on the abilities of the Director to convey the story, as well as the smoothness of the use and practice of in-camera techniques and effects.
- Submitting Director must be credited as Director in the opening and closing credits.
**Winners and Runner Ups agree that their submissions will be displayed for the public online and at the Awards Ceremony.
- Max It Magazine (The Voice of Indie Film) - http://www.MaxItMagazine.com
- ISA (International Screenwriter's Association) - http://www.networkisa.org
- FilmFreeway - http://www.FilmFreeway.com
- Pushing The Pen Productions - http://www.PushingThePen.com
- EZ Way Broadcasting - http://ezwaybroadcasting.com
- The Indie Vision Project - http://www.TheIndieVisionProject.com
Looking forward to creating with you!
The Indie Vision Team
Awards & Prizes
2 GRAND PRIZES:
- 1 Winning Screenplay will receive a Fully Funded Production & Distribution Deal
- 1 Winning Director will direct a Fully Funded Feature or Pilot
- 10 Runner-Up Scripts will have their scripts turned into Sizzle Reel Packages for presentation to our large network of industry professionals including: Distributors, Producers, Directors & Named Talent, for possible development & production into a feature or series.
- 10 Runner-Up Short Films will be packaged for presentation to our network of industry professionals including: Distributors, Producers, Directors & Named Talent.
- One Director will receive The Indie Vision Project’s Fan Favorite Award.
- One screenwriter will receive the ISA Story Award.
***** PLUS $50,000+ in cash & secondary prizes… drones, steadicams, mentorship programs, software packages and much more!
**TIVP RED CARPET & AWARDS CEREMONY - PLUS AFTER PARTY**
ALL Winners will receive The Indie Vision Project Award. Winning shorts will be screened in Beverly Hills at the Laemmle’s Ahrya Fine Arts Theatre.
Winners, Runner Ups and their guests will top off the evening with a RED CARPET AFTER PARTY! They will have the opportunity to discuss their projects with the press as they rub elbows with film and sports talent for possible attachment to their films, including: Carla Perez (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers), Michael Montgomery (Green Bay Packers / Gotham), Robert Leeshock (Earth: Final Conflict), Stan Houston (Selma), Brad Bell (Torchwood / Husbands), Byron Cherry (Dukes of Hazzard) and many more!
Rules & Terms
TERMS OF SERVICE
Welcome to The Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Directing Competition: an online literary competition aimed at producing the best screenwriters and directors in the literary world. This Terms of Service pertains to anyone applying for the competition including: the general public, filmmakers, competitors, screenwriters, organizers and associated staff.
The Grand Prize Winner for Screenwriting gets their script produced.
The Grand Prize Winner for Directing gets to direct a film.
We recommend you endeavor to read the submission release terms of the competition.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
The services that this site provides to its participants is subject to the following Terms of
Service. The Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Directing Competition reserves the right
to update the Terms of Service at any time without prior notice to participants.
In this Agreement, these terms will have the following meanings, unless the context suggests otherwise:
a. Competition means a contest for a prize or award
b. Screenwriting means the act of writing for a film or television
c. Script means a written document of dialogue and action for a movie, drama or
d. Prize means the reward of a competition
e. Material means a sample of a written text
In the interpretation of this Agreement, unless if a contrary intention appears:
a. Any reference to the words ‘the Company,’ ‘we,’ ‘us,’ or ‘our,’ refers solely to The
Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Directing Competition.
b. The words "includes" or "including" mean "includes without limitation" or "including
c. Any reference to a gender includes a reference to all genders.
d. Any reference to any legislation or any provision of legislation includes a reference to
any modification or re-enactment of any provisions substituted for such legislation or
e. Headings are inserted for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of this
Participants agree to defend, indemnify, and hold the Company and our respective employees and agents unaccountable from and against all clauses and expenses, including attorney and legal fees, resulting from the use of this site.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual property rights of any kind whatsoever of the Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Directing Competition - including all rights manifested in copyrights, patent rights, trademark rights, designs, and plant breeder rights, whether or not such rights are registered or able to be registered - must be respected and referenced at all times.
4. PARTICIPANT CONDUCT
Participants shall use this site for lawful purposes only. Participants shall not post or transmit any material through this site, without prior approval, that would constitute as a criminal offence, pose as civil liability, or otherwise violate any laws.
5. GENERAL USE OF THE SITE
Participants will fill out the submission form and upload their script and videos via this site. Participants may browse the site as an Internet consumer.
We will collect your personal information, including your name, contact, and payment details. All personal information will be handled, used, and maintained by us in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws and privacy policies. Your information will not be disclosed without prior permission, or any actions that adhere to the privacy laws stated.
The Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Direction Competition and/or the participant may terminate this agreement at any time. However, without limiting the foregoing, in the event of which the Company, in our sole discretion, considers any conduct by a participant to be unacceptable or in breach of this Agreement, we shall possess the right to immediately terminate any submissions.
8. THIRD PARTY WARRANTY
The site contains features that may link you to third-party content independent of The Indie Project Vision Screenwriting & Directing Competition. Your interactions with these third-party sites, including any payments and other terms and conditions, warranties, or representations associated with external dealings are solely between you and the third party. We will not be liable for any such losses or damage that may arise as a result of third-party transactions.
9. ARBITRATION AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
In the event of any disputes concerning any materials or claims of any nature arising in
connection with said material or with this agreement, such dispute will be submitted to
binding arbitration. Each party hereby waives all rights and benefits of which they may
otherwise have entitlement to under the laws of the State of California to litigate any such dispute in court, it being the intention of the parties to arbitrate all such disputes. Either party may commence arbitration proceedings by giving the other party written notice thereof by registered mail and proceeding in accordance with the rules and procedures of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California, and shall be governed by and subject to the laws of the State of California and the prevailing rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding, and judgment upon the award may be enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction.
There will be prizes available for participants who have not received a prize. Prizes may be exchanged by The Indie Vision Project for one of comparable value if the original prize is unavailable.
This agreement and any operating rules for the competition established by The Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Directing Competition constitute the entire agreement of the parties, with respect to the subject matter hereof. The Terms of Service will supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties, and will aspire to help both parties achieve a consensus. This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of California, United States without regard to its conflict of laws rules. No waiver party of any breach or default here-under shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.
You may be able to apply for the competition outside the United States. You agree to comply with all local, national or international laws regarding online conduct and competition.
Please strive to read this submission policy and release form before you start to use the site. Consequently, on filling the submission form when this option is made available to you, you accept and unequivocally agree to be legally bound to the Agreement and abide by the conditions stated as per the Terms of Service.
11. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
The Company has all rights reserved to its logos, which are trademarks of The Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Directing Competition. All other trademarks appearing on are the property of their respective owners.
Script Submission Policy and Release Form The Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Directing Competition (the Company) would like to thank you, as the Owner, for your interest in submitting a piece of scripted literary material (the Screenplay). We invite you to review our submission policy and procedures below. Please be aware that the Company will only accept and consider material if their Owner(s) sign and agree to the policies set forth and outlined below.
Full Copyright/Ownership of the Screenplay, Treatment, or Scripted Material
The Company will only accept material submitted to The Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Directing Competition.
Your submission will only be considered at your request, with your guarantee that you (and your co-writers/owners, if applicable) are the sole originator(s) of the scripted material and you have the legal right to submit it to the Company for consideration.
Disclosure of Scripted Material is Not Confidential
You authorize the Company to discuss your Screenplay with its employees and collaborators to evaluate its overall production potential. That the Company can use your Screenplay in all forms of publicity and public display to promote the Competition, including but not limited to public readings, excerpts, and educational forms. Furthermore, you acknowledge and understand that any consideration and discussion of your submission will not create a binding and confidential relationship.
Submission Devoid of Compensation
Review of your Screenplay does not imply that the Company agrees to compensate you in any way. However, should the Company choose to explore the use of your Screenplay or any portion thereof that is legally protectable, the Company will enter into negotiations with you to determine fair and equitable compensation. If the approved terms of prize compensation is not acceptable to you The Indie Vision Project has the right to transfer all awards, prizes and compensation to another party.
Submission Without Prejudice
The Company’s consideration of the screenplay you submit, or negotiations to purchase said material, does not waive our right to research and confirm/contest your copyrights, trademarks, and intellectual property rights.
Conception by the Company
The Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Direction Competition may already be exploring films and ideas generated by employees or other outside sources that resemble your submission. In certain cases, the Company may have considered your ideas in the past, or similar or identical ideas that may have been conceived independently. Therefore, you agree to renounce any claim that the Company misappropriated any ideas or portions of your submission in any future Company productions.
Qualification & Modification
By entering your submission, you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years of age and hereby agree that the above conditions may not be changed or waived except in agreed writing. That you agree to all the terms herein and that you are the owner of the submitted material and that they are submitted under the following conditions:
1. I acknowledge that because of the Company’s position in the literary industry, you will
receive numerous submissions of ideas, formats, stories, suggestions and the like, and
that many such submissions may be similar or identical to those developed by me and/or those associated with me. I understand that I will not be entitled to any compensation if the Company decides to use any ideas or materials that are similar to mine, but not entirely identical.
2. I further understand that the Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Directing Competition can refuse to accept or evaluate my material at any time in the absence of my acceptance of all of the required provisions of this agreement. I shall retain all rights to submit this or similar material to persons other than The Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Directing Competition. I acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationships have been established between me and the Company by reason of this agreement or by reason of my submission of said material.
3. I grant The Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Directing Competition’s judges and Team permission to read and evaluate said material to decide whether you will undertake efforts to acquire it.
4. I represent and warrant that I am the author of said material, having written or acquired said material as the employer-for-hire of all writers thereof; that I am the current sole owner of all rights, title and interest in and to said material; that I have the exclusive, unconditional right and authority to submit and/or convey said material to you upon the terms and conditions set forth herein; that no third party is entitled to any payment or other consideration as a condition of the exploitation of said material. If the material is co-owned, I agree to make sure all co-writers/owners have submitted their own signed copy of this release form, totaling 100% ownership of said material.
5. I agree to indemnify the Company from and against any and all claims, expenses, losses, or liabilities - including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and punitive damages - that may be asserted against or by you at any time in connection with said material. I agree to grant the Company permission of any use thereof, including, without limitation, those arising from any breach of the warranties and promises given by me herein.
6. I allow the Company to use, without any obligation or payment to me, any of the said
material. I accept that my material is not protectable as literary property under the laws of plagiarism, if my material is which a third person would be free to use if the material had not been submitted or in subject of any agreement with the third party, or which is in the public domain. The Indie Vision Project Screenwriting & Directing Competition and
Company are entitled to use any of said material, which, without obligation to me, is hereinafter referred to as “unprotected material” free to the public.
7. I agree that if I use or cause to be used any protected material provided it has not been obtained from, or independently created by, another source, you will pay or cause to be paid to the Company an amount which is comparable to the compensation customarily paid for similar material.
8. I agree to give you written notice of any claim arising in connection with said material or arising in connection with this agreement, within 60 days after I acquire knowledge of
such claim, or of our breach or failure to perform the provisions of this agreement, or if it be sooner, within 60 days after I acquire knowledge of facts sufficient to put me on notice of any such claim, or breach or failure to perform; my failure to so give you written notice will be deemed an irrevocable waiver of any rights I might otherwise have with respect to such claim, breach or failure to perform. I will have 60 days receipt of said notice to attempt to cure any alleged breach or failure to perform prior to the time that I may file a Demand for Arbitration.
9. In the event of any dispute concerning said material or concerning any claim of any kind or nature arising in connection with said material or arising in connection with this
agreement, such dispute will be submitted to binding arbitration. Each party hereby
waives any and all rights and benefits which he or it may otherwise have or be entitled to under the laws of the State of California to litigate any such dispute in court, it being the intention of the parties to arbitrate all such disputes. Either party may commence arbitration proceedings by giving the other party written notice thereof by registered mail and proceeding thereafter in accordance with the rules and procedures of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall be conducted in the California, and shall be governed by and subject to the laws of the California and the then prevailing rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding, and judgment upon the award may be enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction.
10. I have retained at least one copy of said material, and I release you from any and all
liability for loss or other damage to the copies of said material submitted to you hereunder.
11. Either party of this agreement may assign or license its or their rights hereunder, but such assignment or license shall not relieve such party of its or their obligations hereunder. This agreement shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their heirs, successors, representatives, assigns and licenses, and any such heir, successor, representative, assign or licensee shall be deemed a third party beneficiary under this agreement.
12. I hereby acknowledge and agree that there are no current or prior agreement, written or oral, in effect between me and the Company pertaining to said material, or any material - including, but not limited to, agreements pertaining to the submission by me of any ideas, formats, plots, characters, or the like. I further agree that no other obligations will be deemed until a formal written agreement has been prepared and agreed upon both you and the Company, which then obligations are expressed in said formal written agreement.
13. I understand that whenever the word “you” or “your” is used in the statements above in this Agreement, it refers to:
a. Me and/or my subsidiaries
b. Any company affiliated with me by way of common stock ownership or otherwise
c. Subsidiaries of such affiliated companies
d. Any firm, person or corporation to whom I am leasing production facilities
e. Clients of any subsidiary or affiliated company of yours
f. The officers, agents, servants, employees, stockholders, clients, successors and
assigns of you, and of all such person, corporations referred to in (a) through (g) hereof.
g. If said material is submitted by more than one person, the word “I” shall be deemed changed to “we,” and this agreement will be bound jointly upon all persons part of the Agreement.
14. Should any part of the provision be made void or unenforceable, such provision or part thereof shall be deemed omitted, and this agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
15. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California applicable to this agreement executed and to be fully performed therein.
16. I have read and understand this agreement and no oral representations of any kind have been made to me and this agreement states our entire understanding with reference to the subject matter hereof. Any modification or waiver of any of the provisions of this agreement must be in writing and signed by both of us. I agree with the Terms and Conditions and Service laid out hereof and promise to abide by the rules.