The 9th Annual Silver Sound Showdown music + video festival will return to Brooklyn Bowl in January 2018 | 61 Wythe Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11249. Submissions are now open, go to: http://silversoundshowdown.com/ There is a $20 submission fee.
Silver Sound Showdown is broken in two simultaneous events: A music + video festival AND a battle of the bands. We will showcase 21 of the best music videos and 5 of the best bands anywhere, ever.
WHAT'S SILVER SOUND SHOWDOWN?
In one epic night, January 17th 2018, a battle of the bands and a music video festival are held. A panel of industry professionals and an audience vote decides the winners of each section.
The winning band and the director of the winning music video are paired to create a music video worth over $10,000 produced by Silver Sound, an Emmy Award-winning post-production sound studio and team of location sound mixers.
Awards & Prizes
The Grand Prize is the opportunity to work with the Grand Prize-winning band on a music video produced by Silver Sound worth over $10,000!
Rules & Terms
Silver Sound Showdown Music and Video Festival Rules and Regulations
Incomplete entries will not be considered. If you are submitting more than one band or music video, you must complete a separate entry form for each submission.
The Silver Sound Showdown is two separate contests:
1. CATEGORY 1: The Silver Sound Music Video Film Festival (MVFF)
2. CATEGORY 2: The Silver Sound Band Battle (BB)
Category 1 Finalists will be chosen by Sponsor (Silver Sound and their partnering companies). Finalists’ videos will screen during the MVFF on the evening of the festival in January of 2018 at Brooklyn Bowl. Finalists must be present at the event in order to be eligible to win the Category 1 Grand Prize. Finalists who are not present will still be showcased in the MVFF, and will be eligible for all prizes other than the Category 1 Grand Prize.
Category 1 Prizes:
1) One GRAND PRIZE winner will win the right to pitch a concept for a music video for the Category 2 Grand Prize Winner to be produced by Silver Sound – a value of more than $10,000. An award winning director of photography will shoot the video with an AWESOME CAMERA. Winning videos will be heavily promoted and displayed on sweet internet sites.
2) One SPECIAL RECOGNITION prize will be given out. Details to come.
Category 2 Finalists will be chosen by Sponsor to perform live in a Finalist Concert held on the evening of January of 2018 at Brooklyn Bowl. The Category 2 Grand Prize will be awarded to a Category 2 Finalist selected by a combination of a panel of judges and an audience vote.
1. Order of performance and performance time allotment will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
2. Category 2 Finalists wishing to participate in the above opportunity must give Sponsor written notice of their commitment to attend within 4 days of their winning notification. In the event a Category 2 Finalist cannot perform in the Finalist Concert, the Category 2 Finalist will be disqualified from the contest and a new Category 2 Finalist will be selected.
Category 2 Prizes:
1) One Category 2 GRAND PRIZE winner will win their very own music video to be directed either by the Category 1 Grand Prize Winner or a Silver Sound director, produced by Silver Sound, shot by an award winning director of photography on an AWESOME CAMERA, and worth over $10,000. Grand Prize winners also get their very own HEADLINING SHOW AT NEXT YEAR’S SILVER SOUND SHOWDOWN MUSIC + VIDEO FESTIVAL. Booyeah.
2) One Category 2 FIRST PRIZE winner will get an awesome prize. Details to come.
* All entries to Showdown using copyrighted material (sound or picture) must obtain proper clearances and permission to use the material. Documentation showing this clearance and permission must be submitted with the application. Examples of copyrighted material may include: music, stock footage and still photographs. It is the filmmaker’s responsibility to obtain rights, clearances and permission. Silver Sound assumes no responsibility for violation of copyright law.
* Submission of an entry automatically grants:
1. Permission to Silver Sound and its affiliates to use clips/ stills/ the music of your music video/ band for promotional use.
2. The non-exclusive right for Silver Sound to screen, exhibit, and distribute your music video in its entirety for any promotion or project under the festival name.
3. Authorization of Silver Sound and its affiliates at their discretion the right to film, videotape, write about, and/or photograph your appearance, voice, name, likeness, biographical data, and city and state of residence for any and all marketing and promotional activities for the festival.
* By participating in the Showdown and/or accepting any prize, applicant agrees to release and indemnify Silver Sound, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this contest and/or acceptance of the Prize.
* Winners are not entitled to exchange or transfer prizes or to obtain cash or other substitutes, but Silver Sound in its sole discretion may substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
* Silver Sound reserves the right to modify the rules and regulations of this contest at any given point without notification.
* Your submission of entry constitutes an agreement between you and Silver Sound that you will adhere to all of the rules, terms and agreements set forth in these rules and regulations.