In today’s film climate it is hard to showcase short films. Many festivals only care about features and it seems like this art is dwindling to silly videos about kittens on the internet. Even though we love kittens (who doesn’t?) here at the Short. Sweet. Film Festival, we love short films (heck, short is even in our title).
With six festivals under our belt, our goal for our seventh annual film festival is to showcase films under 30 minutes to the growing art scene in the greater Cleveland area and highlight the works of student filmmakers across the country. We are looking for the best short films locally, nationally, and internationally. So send them our way!
Our festival will take place in the Alex Theater at the Metropolitan at the 9 hotel in the heart of downtown Cleveland. Filmmakers and patrons can stay at the hotel at a discounted rate and enjoy food and beverages throughout the festival.
Rules & Terms
• Productions made after January 1, 2010 may be submitted.
• Do not submit works in progress.
• Do not submit industrial or instructional works.
• All films must be submitted on a flash or memory stick in a .mov or .mpg4 format or WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
• All films submitted must be available in .mov or .mpg4 format for presentation.
• A majority of films in digital video formats will be transferred temporarily onto a hard drive system for presentation.
• All entries must be postmarked by Sunday, December 31st, 2017. (Early submission discounts apply until September 30th – see fee schedule.)
• A completed entry form must accompany each entry if not submitted through Film Freeway.
• All entries must be sent to the Short. Sweet. Film Fest prepaid and, for your own protection, should be insured.
• Flash or Memory sticks submitted will NOT be returned.
• Films selected for the Short. Sweet. Film Fest will be announced no later than Friday, January 19th, 2018.
• Prints or videos for presentation must arrive no later than Wednesday, February 1st, 2018.